Software Developer in Test / QA Automation Engineer at PickTrace
You could combine your passion for coding and process, and solve problems with automation. At PickTrace, we’re looking for a SDET/QA Automation Engineer to convert an entirely manual process to an automated process. This role focuses on providing product quality testing tools and test processes. We are excited to work with an individual who is friendly and easy to collaborate with, passionate about his/her work, and receptive to feedback and professional growth.
This role will report directly to our Engineering Manager.
WHAT WILL YOU DO
- Design and develop complete test automation architecture and framework
- Lead automated test planning and strategy across PickTrace for a concise and unified game plan for product validation
- Drive and implement best practices for QA test automation
- Develop and maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of PickTrace product(s)
- Collaborate with engineering and product team to enable scalable test automation for web, android, and REST APIs products
- Design and configure test infrastructure to support of test automation development efforts
- Ensure seamless transition to and integration with multi-tenant cloud infrastructure
- Design and maintain reference test data for our engineering team
- Manage and provide continuous iteration to automation framework as company scales
- Maintain, document and report software issues/concerns and report to the appropriate teams
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- A passionate team-player who thrives in an autonomous environment, desires to make an impact, and sets the technical bar for QA and Automation best practices
- 6+ years of experience in Quality Assurance and 4+ years of experience in test automation
- 3+ years of experience with Selenium or similar and/or Android automation
- Experience with Python and API testing is nice to have
- Familiarity with cloud-based CI/CD tools such as Google Cloud Platform, CircleCI, Jenkins, etc.
- Strong knowledge and experience automating testing at scale i a fast-changing environment
- Ability to simplify, break down, and hone in on the core elements of problems to drive towards solutions
- Strong communication skills and can work effectively with a cross-functional team (including with non-technical colleagues)
- Able to work well as an individual contributor as well as provide technical guidance in all aspects related to automation
WHAT TRAITS ARE IMPORTANT TO US
- Coachability - You are hungry for feedback on how to improve, embrace the feedback, and quickly implement it into your day-to-day operations.
- Curiosity - Our product and industry are ever changing and you have a thirst to seek more knowledge about both on a daily basis.
- Work Ethic - You have a unique ability to prioritize your workload and work efficiently through your focus areas in an effective manner.
- Preparation - You take pride in being detail oriented and well prepared for the work in front of you. The thought of taking on an initiative without a plan gives you reason to pause.
- Adaptability to Change - You are comfortable and flexible to switch your focus rapidly to align with the updated business initiatives.
- Intelligence - You consider yourself a strategic thinker, and push conversations forward with co-workers by offering unique perspectives.
- Passion - We are disrupting the lowest technology adopting vertical in the world with a best in breed enterprise SaaS workforce management platform and exude excitement about the market opportunity in front of us.
- Prior Success - You have a track record of over-achievement, and take pride in ensuring top-level results are achieved in your daily work.
- Competitiveness - You are motivated daily to be the best at what you do. When you are outperformed it pushes you harder to up-level your performance.
- Brevity - You have a unique ability to break down complex topics into concise and meaningful explanations.
If this sounds like you, we would absolutely love to meet you!