Viant’s culture is a unique combination of strong leadership, ambition, collaboration, and fun, with incredible growth opportunities for our employees! We offer a fast-paced work environment, with a strong focus on employee engagement, recognition, and development. With a commitment to innovation from the top down, Viant continues to remain ahead of the curve in the rapidly changing ad tech marketplace.
The Viant TechOps team is responsible for engineering large and scalable systems, evaluating and integrating third-party software, and designing and supporting the infrastructure that is the core of the business. We own systems for serving display and video advertisements, customer-facing and internal management interfaces, big data systems, log processing, social search and frontend; as well as content storage and delivery for images, mail, video, and music. As a Software Developer you would help tame the environment through developing and integrating software.
About the role:
The Software Developer will build internal tools to improve automation, scalability, monitoring and security for our core infrastructure. You will collaborate with software engineering in the design and implementation of new infrastructure and applications. The ideal candidate is a coder at heart with an interest in DevOps, infrastructure and building tools with the newest cutting-edge technologies.
- Create applications to integrate various applications, tools and cloud providers
- Write scripts to automate tedious or repetitive tasks within development operations
- Enhance, modify, integrate, or debug application stack codebase
- Participate in system testing to ensure quality deliverables
- Engage in all phases of software development life cycle
- Support operations teams
- 2+ years of experience working with J2EE/Servlet/JSP, Tomcat, Jboss, JDBC (Golang a plus)
- Familiar with cloud providers such as AWS/GCP/Azure
- Experience performing requirements gathering, analysis and specification
- Strong analytical and logic thinking capability
- Good organizational abilities, oral communications and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable to fast changes in requirements and development environment
- Competitive Salary and Bonuses
- Paid benefits for the employees:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life insurance/AD&D
- Paid parental leave
- Summer “Work from Anywhere” Fridays
- Health and Wellness programs
- Employee discounts – e.g. gym memberships, wireless plans, entertainment tickets
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Casual Office Atmosphere
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Ongoing Education & Training
- Company Sponsored Events & Team Building Experiences
Viant is transforming the world of omnichannel, programmatic media buying and advanced data analytics with a wide range of technologies leveraging artificial intelligence and machine learning to advance digital advertising effectiveness.
Viant designs and develops cloud-based software systems for automated routine analyses to identify hidden insights and high-value opportunities. We capture and analyze data about demand patterns, product preferences, and content consumption behaviors to improve customer retention and loyalty. Viant is continually optimizing how we measure that experience to determine how and where our clients should advertise and sell their products. Viant aims at uncovering revenue opportunities hidden in customer data and recommends where clients should focus marketing experiments to provide high-impact business breakthroughs faster. Viant’s vision is to improve advertising effectiveness by driving real business outcomes while transforming enterprise data into actionable natural language insights for business leaders.
In 2017, Viant acquired Adelphic Inc., a programmatic demand side platform company. Adelphic provides an omnichannel programmatic software solution for agencies, brands and other large media buyers to make meaningful engagements with consumers across today’s fragmented media market. For more information visit us at www.viantinc.com.