- In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
Do you enjoy solving challenging software problems? Want to contribute to the success of the nation's vital space systems? Aerospace is looking for software engineers interested in investigating and applying emerging and innovative software technologies to space-related systems. Aerospace's Applied Software Technologies Department (ASTD) team is growing as a leader in the practical, successful application of emerging, diverse software technologies and is looking for your contributions.
- Providing software systems engineering skills to space, ground, and launch systems in the national security, civil, and commercial domains.
- Applying skills and adaptability in various areas that may include resolution of software systems issues. Support may include but is not limited to software development/modeling, analysis, consulting/architectures, hardware/software interactions, enterprise systems, and/or other related areas.
- Expertise in one or more of the following technical disciplines is preferred: model-based software engineering, machine learning, Agile software development, complex software systems.
- Providing technology recommendations, risk assessments, trade studies, and analyses.
- Providing expertise at technical interchange meetings, reviews, briefings to Aerospace, customer, and contractor personnel.
- Learning new skills and mentoring others.
- B. S. or advanced degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or similar technical area of study.
- Seven or more years of software engineering experience ideally in large and complex systems.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance. US citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Strong software technical background.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to lead tasks.
- Willing to learn new approaches and mentor others.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently.
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills.
- Willing to travel occasionally.
- Advanced degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or equivalent.
- Experience in model-based software engineering, Agile software development, machine learning, deep learning, artificial intelligence, and/or cognitive system techniques.
- Active Secret and/or SCI clearance
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you’re an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at [email protected]. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.