At Aspiration, we created the category of sustainable, socially responsible retail consumer finance. We offer unique financial products to let people save, spend, and invest their money in ways that make them more financially secure and align with their personal values. Unlike other financial institutions, Aspiration is committed to building a relationship with our customers based on trust and aligning the customer’s success with our own. Aspiration has raised over $250M in funding to date, and is growing quickly.
Action: We take initiative. We are doers, not bystanders.
Boldness: We don’t tinker, we transform.
Customer-Centered: Our customers are at the core of our business. Delivering for them is our North Star.
Diligence & Dedication: We do what we say we’re going to do, when we say we’re going to do it.
Entrepreneurial: Act like an entrepreneur not an employee, generate results for the company and customers everyday.
As a Software Architect, you will be responsible for making design choices, coordinating and overseeing technical standards, including software coding standards, tools, and platforms. The ideal candidate must enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment with a “take-charge” / “can-do” attitude and can demonstrate flexibility and resiliency. An architect who can design a System holistically keeping in mind all the aspects of the software including functionality, scalability, clean design, reusability, maintainability, and usability. This is a team that is constantly looking for ways to improve our development operations through people, process, and technology. This team also fosters a culture of innovation and encourages everyone to contribute through new ideas and insights.
What You'll Do
- Build high performant, highly scalable, complex, and distributed systems – end to end.
- Investigate new technologies and their implementation in our products, providing relevant ideas and suggestions to Product Owners.
- Develop a strong infrastructure, databases, and applications, specifically in designing, coding, operating, and supporting high-performance, highly available services, and infrastructure.
- Preparing technical documentation for end-users and internal customer solution developers.
- Review our legacy architecture and improve the design patterns by making the next-level technical design decisions that further define the product architecture.
- Producing well-written specifications that document the design decisions and outline the functional and non-functional requirements for a release.
- Build an efficient infrastructure and tooling to accelerate our research-to-product efforts and to enable efficient cloud-based deployment.
- Ability to share technical solutions with the team through design review, code review, proofs-of-concept, and show and tell.
- Determine the feasibility of projects through quick prototyping with respect to performance, quality, time, and cost.
- Authors clean, scalable, modular, secure, well-structured and testable code.
- Designs and implements microservices-based applications with thoughtfully defined APIs with CI and CD tools and processes.
- Clearly communicates architectural decisions, roadblocks and timelines.
- Adheres to all industry best practices and standards for Agile/Scrum Frameworks adopted by the Organization including but not limited to daily stand-ups, grooming, planning, retrospectives, sprint reviews, demos, and analytics via systems (JIRA) administration to directly support initiatives set by Product Management and the Organization at large.
What You'll Bring
- 6 + years of experience in software or data architecture roles.
- 8+ years of experience designing, building and deploying high-availability backend services in an architect or senior development role.
- Experience with Golang (Go), Ruby/Rails, Python/Django, Docker & Kubernetes
- Experience designing cloud architecture is huge especially with AWS experience.
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented Design.
- Be highly flexible and adaptable and demonstrate a passion for platform development.
- Sense of ownership in your performance and the impact on the company’s success
- Ability to conceptualize end-to-end system components across a wide range of technologies and translate into architectural design patterns for implementation.
- Comfortable failing fast and working in a cross-disciplinary team environment
- A technical mindset and analytical approach with great attention to detail
- Leadership skills with experience mentoring Jr/Mid-level developers.
- Experience with the full web stack performance optimization techniques.
- Fluency with the full software development lifecycle using Agile methodologies.
What You'll Get
- Work for a mission-driven company to transform the lives of millions by building a better, values-oriented financial firm
- Competitive Salary and Equity Incentives
- Robust Healthcare Plans (medical, dental, vision)
- 401K & Unlimited Vacation Time
- Diverse & Inclusive Culture
Read Full Job Description