Software Architect, Platform Security
What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Software Architect to join Procore on our journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As a Software Architect specializing in security features for the Procore platform, you’ll work across multiple organizations and teams to enhance customer-facing security and data management features of our products. To be successful in this role, you must be able to navigate Engineering, Product, and Business teams to build and drive your architectural vision. You’ll leverage your strong communication skills to share your ideas and insights with other leaders and levels of individual contributors across the company.
This position will report to a VP of Engineering and has the opportunity to be based in our Carpinteria, CA or Austin, TX office locations. Remote candidates will be considered with the expectation of frequent travel to a Procore location. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Determine and drive architectural principles, frameworks, standards, engineering decisions, and product functionality achieving platform security goals
- Communicate decisions to cross-functional partners throughout all levels of the organization
- Mentor members of Engineering teams where engineers are expected to design and execute the necessary work to ensure quality in their own code as well as other engineers'
- Forge relationships with other Procore Architects to collaborate, contribute and align on best practices and guide the evolution of the platform
- Work closely with a team of Engineers, Product Managers, and User Experience experts to ensure seamless and secure access to the Procore platform
- Architect new security features our customers will love, adopt, and use while keeping our trusted platform stable and scalable
- Represent R&D teams with internal/external highly technical groups and be part of design reviews for others
- Implement test strategies, design automation frameworks, write unit/functional tests to drive up code coverage and automation metrics
What we're looking for:
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience is required; MS or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or a related field is preferred
- 10+ years of experience in object-oriented program fundamentals, test-driven development, and, design principles
- Experience working in a service-oriented architecture as well as monoliths, and ideally transitioning applications away from the latter
- Experience with security feature work on a large scale SaaS platform
- Track record of being a top performer and successful mentor in current and past roles
- Experience in architecting and building highly scalable web applications
- Strong understanding of Database technologies such as SQL, PL/SQL, and relational database schema design
- Experience in automated testing including unit and functional testing using RSpec, JUnit, JSUnit, Selenium, Mocha, QUnit, or similar.
- Experience with common developer tools such as SCM (git, Mercurial), build tooling (Maven, Rake, etc.) and IDEs (Eclipse, VisualStudio, JetBrains products)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills that inspire and motivate all team members
- Strong ability to influence Engineering and business partners on software architecture and project roadmaps in order to drive positive change
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, flexible paid time off (Procore Values Time), employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.