Software Architect (.NET)
Clublabs is a rapidly growing technology and design shop in Los Angeles. We are the innovation lab for AAA – the proving ground for ideas that exceed our members’ expectations. We rest upon delivering maximum value to our members and business, solving for the problem, trust through transparency, and collaboration. These principles help us make the biggest impact, remove silos, embrace change, and continuously learn. They’re realized every day in how we work: open, lean, innovative, accountable, and fun.
We’re currently in the search for an ambitious, empathic, and collaborative Software Architect for our Insurance teams. The insurance team is responsible for the development of various self-serve applications that allow our AAA members to obtain information and complete various transactions online. These applications will continue our commitment at ClubLabs to create viable digital experiences for our AAA members.
- Communicate regularly and write clean code.
- Review, analyze and resolve application issues as needed.
- Evaluates strategies and makes recommendations on changes and improvements.
- Collaborate with team members on the design and implementation of new functionalities on the different platforms.
- Consult with other team members and implements solutions in-line with the departments’ visions.
- Continuously learn and keep up to date with emerging technologies to evaluate impact to business and member value.
- Participate and provide feedback during planning meetings (i.e., pre-iteration, iteration, and retrospectives).
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- 7+ years of professional development experience in .Net, Java, or Node.
- Demonstrated experience in one or more modern JS framework (e.g. React or Angular)
- Experience in one or more queuing framework is preferred.
- Scripting Languages – Ruby, PowerShell, Linux/Unix Shell scripts, and/or Perl etc.
- Database experience in one of the following: MS SQL Server, MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, Mongo, Cassandra
- Experience in hybrid On-prem and Cloud computing implementation and integration.
- Knowledge on how to implement and manage APIs (Web Services) versioning.
- Experience in implementing OAuth/OpenID, TLS/SSL, and certificates.
- Experience in TDD/ BDD.
- Experience working in Agile/ Waterfall methodologies.
- Solid experience in implementing high performance, high availability, reliable, and secured software, and know how to scale a system horizontally.
- Four year college degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Automobile Club of Southern California will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.