Viant’s culture is a unique combination of strong leadership, ambition, collaboration, and fun, with incredible growth opportunities for our employees! We offer a fast-paced work environment, with a strong focus on employee engagement, recognition, and development. With a commitment to innovation from the top down, Viant continues to remain ahead of the curve in the rapidly changing ad tech marketplace.
The Viant TechOps team operates thousands of Linux servers spread across data centers and cloud providers worldwide. Among our responsibilities are engineering large and scalable systems, evaluating and integrating third-party software, and designing and supporting the infrastructure that is the core of the business. We own systems for serving display and video advertisements, customer-facing and internal management interfaces, big data systems, log processing, social search and front end; as well as content storage and delivery for images, mail, video, and music. We support development teams in the organization who operate Linux applications. Our environment is growing and storage capacity is exceeding into multiple petabytes at an astounding rate. Petabytes of data flow though our systems every day.
About the role:
The Site Reliability Engineer will be responsible for writing and integrating various open source and closed sources tools. The ideal candidate will possess a deep understanding of systems engineering and automation, including configuration management, containerization, and scripting.
If you are a self-starter, highly motivated, and take pride in what you do, then this is an excellent opportunity to hone your craft in one of the largest-scale Linux environments in the Los Angeles area. We are a top-notch team of hard working individuals who are dedicated to ensuring that the supported organizations have the tools needed to do their jobs. We’re looking for like-minded geeks that enjoy what they do.
- Write scripts and programs to enhance the integrity and performance of the environment
- Enhance, modify or debug developer code as needed
- Containerize new and legacy applications
- Evaluates, configure, and deploy in-house, open-source, and third-party software
- Develop and configure monitoring for Linux servers, systems, environments, and services
- Maintain awareness of new and exciting technologies
- Provide LOE/scoping for projects
- Support development and operations teams
- 5+ years experience with Linux administration in a professional setting
- 3+ years experience with one or more large cloud providers (AWS, Google)
- 3+ years using Docker and or Kubernetes
- Previous experience in an Internet-related or other high-availability environment.
- Experience with Git and using it in CI/CD pipelines
- Demonstrated proficiency in at least one of programming the following languages; Python, Java, Golang.
- Competitive Salary and Bonuses
- Paid benefits for the employees:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life insurance/AD&D
- Paid parental leave
- Summer “Work from Anywhere” Fridays
- Health and Wellness programs
- Employee discounts – e.g. gym memberships, wireless plans, entertainment tickets
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Casual Office Atmosphere
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Ongoing Education & Training
- Company Sponsored Events & Team Building Experiences
About the Employer: Viant Technology
Viant® is a publicly traded (Nasdaq: DSP) people-based advertising software company that enables ad buyers to plan, create, execute, and measure their omnichannel digital advertising investments. The Viant programmatic software is uniquely built on people-based data combining more than 70 people-based data partners to enable scaled and accurate audience targeting and advanced measurement. This allows for targeting consumers using real world identifiers rather than relying on cookies, from which the industry is moving away.
Adelphic® is Viant’s industry-leading omnichannel demand-side platform, empowering marketers and their advertising agencies to plan, execute and measure programmatic advertising campaigns across desktop, mobile, connected TV, linear TV, streaming audio and digital billboards -- in a single platform. Viant customers range across most verticals including automotive, entertainment, business to business, retail, consumer packaged goods, travel and healthcare. The Viant patented technology advances internet-connected household identification and overcomes the limitations of user identification in mobile and across networked devices, yielding rich, nuanced portraits of real consumers.
Based in Irvine, CA, Viant has more than 315 full-time employees in 11 offices around the U.S. Viant was recently recognized by Advertising Age as a Best Place to Work, and Adelphic is featured on AdExchanger’s Programmatic Power Players list. For more information, please see attached or visit us on the web at www.viantinc.com.
Viant is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Viant are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race; color; religion (includes religious beliefs, observance or practice, religious dress or grooming practices); creed; sex; sexual orientation; gender; gender identity or expression; transgender status; pregnancy, childbirth or related condition (including breastfeeding); marital status; national origin; citizenship; military status, veteran status; ancestry, age; physical or mental disability; medical condition (includes cancer or a record or history of cancer), genetic characteristics; or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws, and Viant prohibits harassment based on any such protected basis or characteristics.