Site Reliability Engineer
Things you're good at
- Ownership: Dive in and take ownership of our systems and infrastructure while proactively improving them.
- Architecture: Completing tasks is important. Completing tasks in a way that anticipates the scope of our ambitions is equally important.
- Organization: Work across various layers of our company in an inspired, efficient way.
- Prioritization: Prioritize initiatives to demonstrate alignment with our business strategy and needs. Communicate priorities and drive consensus on the path forward.
- Collaboration: We bring out the best in each other. We're looking for people who will bring out the best in all of us.
- Primarily responsible for our backend systems and infrastructure.
- Write code and apply engineering best practices and tools to automate operational tasks.
- Refactor existing code and service infrastructure to ensure scalability and reliability.
- Create, and continuously improve, a robust monitoring and observability infrastructure to see problems before they become incidents.
- Create playbooks and processes that allow us to scale the SRE team.
- Forecast demand, plan capacity and spot bottlenecks ahead of time so we can server our customers reliably.
- 4+ years of backend and/or site reliability engineering—preferably in technology startups
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or similar field; graduate degree a plus
- Versed in Python, Django, Celery, Postgres, Redis, RabbitMQ, Heroku, AWS, Google Cloud, Linux, Fluentd
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Free lunch