Site Reliability Engineer
As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), your primary responsibility is to increase the reliability and availability of Laserfiche Cloud, a fully-managed Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution for Laserfiche application customers. Excelling in this role requires a mix of operations and software development skills to build and operate tools to monitor Laserfiche Cloud, perform system maintenance, and deploy changes.
The SRE brings a mixture of distributed systems, networking, and systems administration technical expertise to bear in the development and operations of our cloud service processes while improving the reliability of our Laserfiche Cloud solution.
Laserfiche is a global software company focused on using technology to accelerate how business gets done, by creating software that people love to use. The Laserfiche software platform eliminates manual processes and automates repetitive tasks. We provide our customers with AI-powered digital workflows, e-forms, document management and analytics solutions to gain insight into performance, improve customer experience and grow their business.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, security reviews, operations playbook development, capacity planning and launch reviews
- Build deployment automation pipelines to support continuous delivery of changes in a safe and controlled manner
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health
- Implement system scaling logic that intelligently provisions resources in response to load
- Develop and maintain centralized logging and event management systems
- Perform incident response and participate in incident postmortems
- Research, design and deploy systems to monitor for and respond to security-related events
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a related technical field involving hands-on software engineering
- 2+ years’ experience in a SRE or DevOps role supporting an online application
- A readiness to tackle ambiguous problems; the ability to think abstractly and draw inferences using deductive reasoning
- An inquisitive mind focused on proactive identification of potential outages
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) is strongly desirable
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies is desirable: Chef, Elasticsearch, Consul, Docker, Kubernetes
Click here to learn more about Life at Laserfiche
Laserfiche complies with all Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action regulations. Laserfiche makes all employment decisions – such as recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, professional development practices, discipline and termination – without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, age, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic, marital status, veteran status, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law, except as may be permitted by law.
***Please note that this is NOT a remote role***