Site Reliability Engineer
We have an immediate need for a Site Reliability Engineer who can architect and deploy our warehouse on AWS.
What You'll Do:
- Design, deploy, and manage our cloud-based data warehouse infrastructure.
- Lead containerization of our data science pipeline processes.
- Mentor other engineers and work with existing developers as we continue to grow our team.
- Help out in building the core data & analytics infrastructure for our data science team, including adding new technologies as appropriate.
- Architect, develop, and deploy internal process improvements including automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, and scaling our infrastructure.
- Develop effective tooling, alerts, and response to both identify and address reliability risks.
- Establish & improve monitoring for the data pipeline reliability.
- Deliver periodic tech talks to the scorpion internal audience covering cloud based data pipeline specific topics.
- Create analytics tools to utilize data pipeline to provide valuable insights into major key performance metrics.
- Work alongside stakeholders including Executive, Product, and Data Science teams to solve technical issues and support data infrastructure requirements.
- Develop tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing Scorpion Advertizing Machine into the industry leader.
Pay: Salary + Bonuses
- ?3+ years of experience in collaborating closely with a development team.
- Ability to perform root cause analysis on stability and performance related events.
- Familiarity with continuous integration and continuous deployment systems
- Significant knowledge and experience with version control systems and Git
- Experience with container technologies and scheduling
- Experience with writing code around infrastructure automation
- Competency with S3, Redis, Amazon Redshift, Columnar DBs
- Demonstrated experience in deploying, managing, and operating scalable and fault-tolerant Linux/JVM-based infrastructure in AWS (or another public cloud).
- Python and/or Bash
- Proficiency with SQL (MS SQL) and such scripting languages as Shell, Python, Ruby, or Perl.
- Solid computer science fundamentals such as data structures, software design, data warehousing concepts.