Site Reliability Engineer
Procore is seeking an Site Reliability Engineer to join our team at our headquarters in Carpinteria, CA on the bluffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean. This role will work with our growing devleopment team who works on an entire tech stack (from low-level database operations to front end development) for a large cloud-based enterprise application for the construction industry. The Site Reliability Engineer will work with all of our departments from sales, account management, support, and product; with a strong emphasis on the ability to speak with clients to understand user needs. Our tools of choice are Ruby on Rails, ReactJS, PostgreSQL, on Rackspace Private Cloud. Our mobile apps provide access to many of Procore’s tools on iOS, Android, and Windows.
What you'll do:
- Work with product teams on design and implementation of large-scale distributed systems.
- Automate, automate, automate and then …. automate!
- Bring ideas to life to help make the lives of engineers better.
- Help our developers with some of their hardest problems.
Some examples of our projects:
- An easy to use chat-based deployment tool with all our patterns baked in
- Command line tool to dissect network capture on a Postgres server for use in debugging and optimization
- Using Terraform + Puppet to easily build out complex cloud environments
- Chat-based incident communication, reporting, and management tool written in Elixir
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years experience in Site Reliability
- Obsession with automation and instrumentation
- Passion for writing clean, readable, maintainable code
- Insatiable knowledge seeker
- Ability to decompose complex systems and discover failure scenarios
Experience in the following technologies:
- Linux (Debian/Ubuntu a plus)
- MVC Web Frameworks (including Ruby on Rails, Django, Phoenix)
- Webservers (Apache or Nginx)
- Relational Databases (PostgreSQL or MySQL)
- In-Memory Caches (Memcache, Redis)
- Full Text Search (ElasticSearch, Solr)
- Cloud Computing (OpenStack, AWS)
- Config Management (including Puppet, Ansible, Salt)
- Containers and Container Management (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Security Tools (nmap, Burp Suite, Nessus)
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. To learn more about our team, click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.