Site Reliability Engineer at Restaurant365 (Remote)
Restaurant365 is a SaaS company disrupting the restaurant industry! Our cloud-based platform provides a unique, centralized solution for accounting and back-office operations for restaurants. Restaurant365’s culture is focused on empowering team members to produce top-notch results while elevating their skills. We’re constantly evolving and improving to make sure we are and always will be “Best in Class” ... and we want that for you too!
*Please note, this position can be based in Irvine, CA, Austin, TX, or remote
The SRE will be assisting in the responsibilities for supporting, enhancing, and maintaining our infrastructure and cloud services. Qualified candidates will demonstrate immediate technical aptitude, as well as propensity for learning new tools and techniques quickly in a fast-paced environment. Excellent candidates will be responsible for collaborating with the DevOps and development teams on efforts to help sustain a healthy responsive system. The SRE team is the front line for supporting our system and developing a best-in-class monitoring platform. The candidate will propose enhancements for system health, performance, and reliability to deliver SaaS based services for Restaurant365 customers.
How you'll add value:
- Responding to production incidents and determining how we can prevent them in the future.
- Triaging and troubleshooting production issues to ensure reliability and performance.
- Identifying and automating manual processes.
- Continuously evolving our monitoring tools and platform.
- Promoting and applying best practices for building scalable and reliable services across engineering.
- Developing and maintaining technical documentation/diagrams, runbooks, and procedures.
- Provide “Always On” support for a 24x7 online environment, by participating in an on-call rotation providing response to production incidents and participating in root cause analysis and problem management.
- Automate Public cloud environments by utilizing tools such as Terraform, Ansible, and cloud formation.
- Work within strict time frames following change management protocols to provide maximum uptime.
- Implement, review, and adhere to security policies along with working with audit teams.
- Research and remediate system vulnerabilities.
- Interact and coordinate with architects, developers, vendors, and internal business partners.
- Maintain documentation of all Cloud infrastructure related components.
- Maintain a solid working knowledge of current infrastructure and future trends.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you'll need to be successful in this role:
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience with a bachelor's degree; or equivalent work experience.
- Extensive experience with SRE methodologies and processes.
- Automation expert with coding skills and a mindset to automate manual/repetitive tasks with PowerShell, Bash, Perl, PHP, or containers.
- Extensive scripting experience with Terraform, YAML, Ansible, Python.
- Automation experience in public cloud environments, with a strong understanding of infrastructure as code.
- Experience in continuous deployment and lifecycle management using tools such as Gitlab, Git, stash.
- Linux engineering skills and working knowledge of Windows.
- Working experience with Nginx and Apache Tomcat.
- Azure or AWS: 2+ years hands on administration and automation of various Azure or AWS services (Azure AKS, Azure Functions, Azure Blob, AWS ECS, AWS EKS, LAMDA, S3, ALB/ELB, etc...).
- Experience with Windows and Linux.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high velocity environment.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills.
- AWS or Azure cloud certification is preferred.
- Preferred experience using: Jira, Prometheus, Grafana, ELK, Site24x7. Nagios a bonus!
R365 Team Member Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation package
- Salaried Position: $100K-$130K
- Ability to work remote or hybrid
- Comprehensive medical benefits
- 401k + matching
- Equity Option Grant
- Unlimited PTO + Company holidays
- Wellness initiatives
- Philanthropy events
Why join our amazing team?
- We're a community that prides itself in creating innovative solutions and producing quality work
- Our product is the secret ingredient that makes a real difference to restaurants nationwide
- The open concept work environment that we've created is causal, collaborative, and cultivates communication
R365 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage all forward-thinkers who embrace change and possess a positive attitude to apply.