Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defense.
SUMMARY / ABOUT THE JOB
The Robotics team at Anduril develops aerial and ground-based robotic systems. The team is responsible for taking products like Ghost, Anvil, and our Sentry Tower from paper sketches to operational systems. We work in close coordination with specialist teams like Perception, Autonomy, and Manufacturing to solve some of the hardest problems facing our customers. We are looking for software engineers and roboticists excited about creating a powerful robotics stack that includes computer vision, motion planning, SLAM, controls, estimation, and secure communications.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Process raw device data into meaningful sensor measurements
- Design and implement sensor daemons that support operation by both human and autonomous planning agents
- Generate health alerts from device failures and deviations in expected performance
- Build systems and tools that make existing and future sensor integrations better
- Collaborate with all involved teams (perception, mechanical, electrical, manufacturing, operations) over the full life cycle of sensors
- Engagement in the integration lifecycle from development, manufacturing, testing, and deployment.
- 3+ years of programming experience in industry or academia
- 1+ year of C++ production coding experience
- 1+ year of programming for attached devices (motors, sensors, cameras, etc)
- A desire to work on critical software that has a real-world impact
- Experience with Unix/Linux tools for performance analysis and debugging problems (gdb, ASAN, valgrind, perf, etc)
- Solid understanding of systems software (kernel, device drivers, system calls)
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. TS/SCI security clearance
- Experience processing sensor measurements from Radar, Lidar, Optical, or RF sensors
- Experience with motor controllers and drives
- Experience working with networked sensor modules via Ethernet/CAN/Serial and using interface specifications or protocols to collect and analyze data
- Experience with sensor characterization and analysis
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!
In accordance with requirements on Anduril as a federal contractor under Executive Order 14042, new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccination or exempt status prior to starting employment.