Senior Web Engineer
BLX Group is looking for Senior Web Engineers to build the foundation of our new digital operations team, which will become a key part of our business as our industry evolves. As an engineer at BLX, you’ll be working on new web-based systems to streamline our internal operations and contribute to the digital transformation of municipal finance.
BLX provides tax compliance, financial advisory, and investment advisory services to governmental and non-profit organizations. We’ve been serving the municipal finance industry since 1989, helping clients manage their tax-exempt bond financings from original conception to final redemption.
BLX is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP, a global law firm recognized by Fortune as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For” and the Financial Times as the “Most Innovative Law Firm in North America.
• Build and iterate on financial analysis systems that will become key to BLX’s operations
• Be a core contributor to the design and architecture of those systems
• Help develop coding, review, and test standards
• Collaborate with other members of the team and business stakeholders
Knowledge, Experience, and Education:
• 4+ years software engineering experience
• Experience working on small, agile, teams
• Good communication skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Comprehensive benefits package including paid time-off, health, dental, vision, life, and retirement
• Paid parking or public transportation passes
• Daily catered lunch
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.