Senior Web Engineer - Platform at Tinder
Tinder brings people together. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, 2 billion swipes per day, hundreds of thousands of requests per second, 20 million matches per day and a presence in every country on earth, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing.
Tinder is looking for an experienced engineer who's eager to build modern progressive web application experiences that reach millions of users around the globe. On the Web Platform team, you will contribute to the core architecture, libraries, reusable components, and developer tools for web projects across the company, including tinder.com, Tinder Lite, swipelife.tinder.com, marketing sites, internal tools, and more!
As a Web Engineer on this team, you will have the opportunity to:
- Drive initiatives that impact nearly every part of the company by building shareable foundations, improving developer efficiency, and defining the architecture of our web applications.
- Analyze and implement performance improvements on tinder.com to ensure that billions of people in developing markets can find their match
- Collaborate with different product teams to implement new user-facing features
- Define best practices and promote knowledge exchange initiatives
- Work on CI/CD pipelines for various front-end projects
- Evaluate and experiment with new technologies and browser APIs
- 3+ years working with browser APIs and front-end developer tools such as Webpack, Babel, Jest, Cypress, React-Storybook, etc.
- Experience analyzing and optimizing web application performance
- Passion for learning and exploring new technologies
- Experience with DevOps, CI/CD, and AWS services such as CloudFront, S3, [email protected], CodePipeline, EC2, etc.
- Experience implementing PWA features such as service worker caching, push notification support, and install-able web apps.
- Familiarity with SEO concepts and proven methodologies
- Familiarity with accessibility standards and experience building accessible web applications
- The hustle of a startup with the impact of a global business
- Tremendous opportunity to tackle some of the industry’s most exciting problems
- Working with an outstanding team of smart, creative, fun and highly motivated people
- Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) matching, and meaningful equity
- Unlimited vacation and flexible working hours
- Daily catered lunches, an endless supply of snacks/refreshments, fitness classes, and social events