Senior Systems Engineer
Read something interesting online today? There's a good chance it reached you because of our technology.
Taboola is the world's leading content discovery platform, serving 360B recommendations to over 1B unique visitors each month on the web's most innovative publisher sites, including NBC, USA Today, The Weather Channel, Tribune and Fox Sports.
Taboola, the world’s largest content recommendation platform, is hiring a Senior Systems Engineer to join our R&D Team in Downtown LA. This team builds Taboola Newsroom, an innovating editorial tool powered by Taboola’s predictive engine and massive data set of over 1B internet users. Taboola Newsroom helps writers, editors and special-interest teams make informed decisions to increase readership.
Our Senior Systems Engineer will be contributing to and working on big data streams based on Apache Spark, processing data in real time and saving it into many different backend storage systems like Hbase or ElasticSearch. Moreover you will help other engineers achieve better scaling by optimizing existing and newer infrastructure projects that rely on Hadoop, Mesos and Kubernetes. Finally you will be directly involved with a skilled team of data scientists in deciding what will be the best algorithms to deliver highly tailored user features.
- You are a motivated and well-rounded software engineer that has the following experience:
- 4+ years programming experience in Java or equivalent Object-Oriented language
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, HBase, etc.
- Spark knowledge, with a specific focus on optimization, data manipulation (rdd, spark sql queries) and persistence (hdfs, parquet, HBase) -a plus
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL
- Strongly self-motivated and self-driven, a good team player and someone already attuned with the Taboola engineering culture
- Nice to have is some familiarity with scrum-based development
In this job you will:
- Design, develop and maintain big data software pipelines
- Being involved in team discussions about projects that requires data science and machine learning computation
- Architect and supervise complex data workflows based on data integration between Kafka, Apache Spark, Hbase and other similar systems
- Solve and enhance bottlenecks in the software stack by devising scalable distributed solution between different internal data centers and various cloud providers (like Google and AWS)
- Supervise, direct and mentor more junior developers
Taboola is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity in all forms. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and believe such an environment is critical for success. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.