GumGum is a global technology and media company specializing in contextual intelligence. For over a decade, we have applied our proven machine learning expertise to extract value from digital content for the advertising industry. The company’s contextual advertising engine, Verity™, comprehends the meaning of text, images and video online, allowing marketers to safely and precisely place ads where people are most engaged. Combining that contextual targeting and brand safety intelligence with proprietary high-impact ad formats, GumGum’s advertising solutions deliver industry leading efficiency, accuracy and performance.
A Solutions Engineer (SE) has strong familiarity with header bidding and server-to-server integrations types and is a key team technical problem solver. In short, the role is the first level of technical support at the company as it relates to all publisher integrations for new and existing clients. This role requires a deep understanding of the strategic partnerships team needs and customers along with a high sense of technical acumen. A SE has built a strong trust level among the strategic partnerships team and is someone who can set an example and become a “go-to” for trivial and complex technical matters.
The SE helps steer the product group towards developing solutions and features around GumGum's technical needs and essentially drives the product technical que for publisher development. Finally the SE is a key resource on client calls and emails - helping to steer GumGum’s publisher partners in the right direction on our integrations and technical set up.
Please note, GumGum is only open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, NJ, NY, OH, OR, PA, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and MN.
- Provides pre sale technical support to partnerships team
- Advocates for the technical needs of the group to product/engineering.
- Helps influence product decisions and priorities
- Takes on and resolves JIRA tickets from the publisher support queue as they are submitted.
- Develops best practice documentation and powerpoints to help educate the team.
- Helps resolve discrepancies using data analysis and technical know how.
- Owns relationship with key technical vendors ie. Amazon - and sets call agendas regarding team technical needs.
- Provides counsel to the publisher success team on technical publisher issues such as ad placement, advanced metrics reporting, and discrepancies.
- Leads technical calls and screen sharing sessions with GumGum publishers to sort through integration related matters.
- Conducts training sessions and educates the team on new releases and technical product developments.
- Regularly contributes new documentation around GumGum’s integration types (header bidding and server-to-server).
- Serves as the lead liaison between Amazon and GumGum - leading meetings, QBR’s, and sets weekly partner check in agendas.
- B.A. in a technical field such as computer science or IT. Certification from a well known technical bootcamp also preferred
- Experience with Amazon TAM, prebid, or oRTB integrations and GAM.
- 2-3 years of ad tech experience preferred
- Basic knowledge in pulling SQL queries and data warehousing
- Capable of setting up all GumGum related publisher integrations within Google Ad Manager
- Experienced with DevTools
- Exposure to ad serving methodologies
- Excellent Presentations skills and confidence when presenting in front of clients or an internal audience
- Startup Minded
- Growth Mindset
- Easily adapts to a constantly changing environment
- Has an ability to keep growing and expanding their knowledge set. Has a thirst for knowledge and growth
- Always working to improve their abilities, develop new skills and grow in their role, rather than just fall back on natural talent
Benefits & Perks
- Medical Coverage including 100% premium coverage for employee + spouse/family
- Vision Coverage including 100% premium coverage for employee + spouse/family
- Dental Coverage including 100% premium coverage for employee + spouse/family
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employer-Matched 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Stock Incentive Program (role dependent)
- Paid Parental Leave - Birth parents can receive up to 16-18 weeks for birth recovery and baby bonding. Non-birth parents can receive up to 10 weeks for baby bonding
- Transitional Return-to-Work Schedule
- Modern Family Support: Cleo App
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal and Identity Theft Protection
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- WFH Stipend
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Flexible Time Off
- Veterinary Discounts
- WeWork Monthly Pass
- Pet friendly organization - We love our fur babies! Check us out on Instagram @dogsofgumgum
- Incredible work/life balance with a collaborative and friendly work space
- A team that has transitioned to remote work impressively, and remains highly collaborative and connected
- GumGum Gives Back volunteering opportunities
- Virtual company events and (optional) in-person celebrations
- Virtual monthly team bonding events
- Anniversary recognition and awards
Career & Development Focus
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly Hackathon
- Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software, including our own open source software
- Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Life Skills sessions - geared towards the whole life/ health / person
- Leadership Bites Dinner Series - connecting current and future GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation
- The VOICE Coalition - through our council committee, The VOICE Coalition’s mission is to build an equitable, supportive, and inclusive culture where all voices are heard and all differences are celebrated through thoughtful, engaging, and authentic programming and community involvement. We’ve created awareness and appreciation for our employees through Hispanic Heritage month, Women of GumGum, Asian Pacific American, GG Pride, etc.
Optional return to office: Our big vision for our futuristic “Farmhouses” in 2022!
- Offices will now be referred to as the “GumGum Farmhouse” -- a futuristic space centered around a bigger purpose: flexibility, sustainability, community, and growth!
- GumGum will continue to be a flexible/remote-friendly environment, however, offices will reopen in 2022 for any employees who choose to come in to collaborate, participate in an event, host your clients, contribute to our growing of plants/herbs/vegetables/etc.
Thoughtful…We listen to understand different perspectives, show everyone respect, and relentlessly seek solutions for our clients (internal and external)
Agility…We are quick, nimble, and change direction gracefully, while maintaining control.
Grit…We bring energy and perseverance to everything we do.
GumGum expands globally! Our company recently acquired JustPremium, a European-based company that utilizes creatives as a means to develop digital environments. JustPremium’s rich media is one of the largest in the world, and brings forward higher performing ads that adds value to GumGum’s already thriving contextual intelligence. With this acquisition, we now have 375 + employees globally, as well as new market expansion including Germany, France, Spain, Netherlands, Belgium, Sweden, Denmark, and Mexico. Together we will become the most powerful global solution for a cookieless future through contextual technology and high-impact creatives.
GumGum recently earned LA’s Best Places to Work Award in 2021 by BuiltInLA, and Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work in 2020 and it’s no surprise why. With company-sponsored social hours, annual holiday celebrations and on-site gatherings, GumGummers enjoy a fun, creative and collaborative workplace. We provide ourselves on our strong track record of giving employees the autonomy and support they need to succeed.
Check us out on Instagram: @gumgum