Senior Software Engineer at Supernatural
We are Supernatural! Recognized by TIME as one of the Best Inventions of 2020, Fast Company’s Best App, and covered in the New York Times! Supernatural as a next-generation fitness experience in VR (virtual reality) with real coaches, stunning natural environments, music from major record labels, and new workouts released every day. Available now on Oculus Quest and Quest 2.
Developed by a team of passionate world-class experience designers, choreographers, game developers, trainers, and physical fitness experts, Supernatural is a dynamic, immersive experience that is always adapting to your needs, personalized for you - available on-demand in your home.
The impact you’ll make:
As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll be a force-multiplier working across a wide spectrum of VR client-side work adding to and improving the application, including substantial integration with backend services, optimizing for mobile VR hardware, and continuous integration and testing.
Along with deep and broad software development expertise, the ideal candidate will bring a passion for mentoring teammates and reviewing each other's code to constantly raise the bar.
What you’ll do:
- Help deliver innovative solutions to drive the advancement of our live products at scale
- Stay informed on and adapt to a rapidly evolving software and hardware ecosystem
- Deliver stable, maintainable, high performance code on time and to spec, while reviewing and maintaining high quality across the team
- Actively participate in engineering process improvement discussions
- Mentor team members as appropriate
What you’ll need to be successful:
- CS, Software Engineering or an equivalent degree, or equivalent work experience
- Four or more years working in an engineering environment relevant to the listed responsibilities
- A proven track record of working on a live product operating successfully at scale
- Professional Unity or Unreal development experience and expertise with C++/C#
- Understanding of 3D applications and asset management
- Experience with low-level networking stack and understanding of http and web-socket protocols
- Experience with audio pipelines and programming
Bonus points for:
- Familiarity with the modern .NET ecosystem outside of Unity
Where you’ll be:
- Our offices are currently closed due to COVID-19. Post COVID, we are giving you the flexibility to work from home should you choose to do so.
- Working hours: We operate within the Pacific time zone for collaboration
At Supernatural, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Supernatural is committed to bringing together individuals from all different backgrounds and perspectives, however applicants from agencies as well as corporation to corporation work will not be considered at this time.