Senior Software Engineer at Cie
| Orange County
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:09 a.m. (PST) on Monday, February 1, 2021
Cie reimagines businesses creating innovation and growth opportunities for enterprises and emerging startups. We are invested all the way through. We are a team of builders, self-starters and passionate pioneers looking for the next difference maker to join our team.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to play a pivotal role in the architecture and programming of our interactive applications and backend systems that support our web and mobile projects. We’re looking for someone who is a creative problem solver, can think out-of-the-box and thrive in a fast-moving, startup environment.
This is a hands-on role and will require significant research and technical architecture efforts. If you are a self-motivated individual with an exceptional level of attention-to-detail…then APPLY HERE!
What You Will Have Achieved in a Year:
- DRIVE TECHNICAL DECISIONS - You will research, evaluate and determine the technical direction for teams and projects throughout the organization across a variety of industries. You will architect and build scalable applications that are used by individuals everywhere.
- A STARTUP PRO - Our in-house startups will give you the opportunity to put your at-scale experience to use at the ground level when that extra acceleration is needed from the jump!
- TECH AGNOSTIC - Our development team is made up of world class engineers from backend (.NET Core), mobile (React Native, Unity, and Xamarin), and front-end (Vue, React, and Angular). By leveraging the latest development technologies, you will always be exposed to something new.
What You’ll Do:
- End-to-end ownership of application architecture for web, API and other technical projects
- Review high-level product requirements for technical feasibility
- Distill high-level product requirements into technical recommendations (stacks, infrastructure, services)
- Assist in proposal construction through accurate time estimates & technical recommendations
- Participate in performing technical due-diligence on existing/legacy code-bases during integration with partners and startups
- Identify areas of code reusability across projects and across disciplines to develop, maintain and grow a repository of reusable source code in order to increase development velocity
- Create, maintain and update processes to allow bootstrapping of new technical projects as quickly as possible
- Assist in building out both the development architecture and underlying infrastructure for a multitude of web-based projects
- Load and performance test applications and identify areas for optimization across the entire technology stack
- Be a mentor to more junior developers working on your projects by setting development schedules, delegating tasks, and reviewing code
- Develop and enforce development standards and best practices for the engineering teams
- Collaborate with frontend, backend and mobile developers internally and client-side in regard to APIs and integrations with their underlying systems
- Collaborate with the various department leads (frontend, backend, mobile, QA) on setting up and maintaining auxiliary platforms to assist with development and deployment (continuous integration, automated deploys, etc.)
- Constantly research changes in the industry as they pertain to software best practices, new technologies and frameworks and everything in between
- Participate and provide feedback in brainstorming sessions and scoping meetings
- Work alongside various leads to provide guidance on immediate and long-term strategy towards application development
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- experience developing applications on the .NET framework using C# and other server-side technologies
- experience developing web applications using ASP.NET MVC and other web server based frameworks
- experience with MS-SQL creating efficient and effective data models in high transaction environments and writing complex queries
- experience developing web services using WebAPI
- experience modeling APIs using RAML or OpenAPI
- experience with automated builds and deployments (TeamCity, Octopus Deploy or similar technologies)
- experience utilizing PaaS and IaaS services on AWS, Azure and/or Google Cloud Platform
- extensive experience with Git is required
- extensive experience with unit and integration testing is required
- extensive experience with load and performance testing is required
- extensive experience with development across all application layers (data, business logic, user interface development)
- comfortable working in an agile-based team environment with a start-up culture
- proven communication skills and the ability to work with a variety of personality types
- the drive and ability to learn new technologies and adapt to new projects
- must be able to clearly communicate technical challenges to business units
- excellent teamwork skills with an ability to get the work done with minimal supervision
Why Develop at Cie?
- Work from anywhere! We have team members spanning across the U.S. from coast to coast.
- Grab all of the latest versions of Microsoft software and resources through your own MSDN Subscription.
- Stay on the cutting edge of technology with access to on-demand learning services such as PluralSight.
- Speed through development with a powerful MacBook Pro.
What we offer:
At Cie, we’re looking for bright, independent, collaborative, self-motivated, and experienced people who have a passion for building disruptive companies. Our compensation packages consist of salary and equity, and are commensurate with accomplishment. We offer a full suite of benefits.
- Competitive salary: Based on experience and performance.
- Ownership: The right candidate will have the opportunity to work in an exciting start-up environment with accelerated vertical growth. You’ll work with a smart group of driven and talented project and account managers, designers, and developers who have had serial successes.
- Health/Benefits: Full suite of benefits including Medical, Dental, Visual, Life, Paid Vacation and a 401k.
- The Right Gear: All the bells and whistles you need to drive results.
- The Right Culture: We are remote…for now! In your future be prepared for: frequent team events and friendly competition. Yeah, we love ping pong too. Tourney day is right around the corner…
Read Full Job Description