At Epirus, we build artificial intelligence systems and directed energy weapons that enable unmatched offensive and defensive electromagnetic pulse capabilities. Our team combines engineering talent and Special Operations combat veterans to address 21st century threats. We embrace innovation and agile development to deliver breakthroughs in high-power microwave technology for offensive and defensive EMP and artificial intelligence for enhanced targeting capabilities.
Duties: Design and implement software of embedded devices and systems from requirements to production and deployment. Design, develop, code, test and debug system software. Build real-time control software for directed energy products. Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources. Support software QA and optimize I/O performance. Provide post production support. Interface with hardware design and development. Assess third party and open source software.
- 5+ years development in C++
- Additional experience with one or more modern systems language(s): Python, Java, Go, Rust, etc.
- Versed in multithreaded design (concurrency primitives, resource management, etc.)
- Competent in computer science concepts (algorithms, data structures, object-oriented programming, etc.)
- Strong foundations in mathematics, linear algebra, and physics
- Adequate knowledge of reading schematics and data sheets for components
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar discipline
- US Citizenship and/or Permanent Residency (Future security clearance may be required)
- Experience building software for real-time operating environments with specific latency requirements
- Experience with Embedded Linux and/or software integration with FPGA firmware
- Knowledge or experience with digital signal processing (DSP) or radio frequency (RF) technologies
- Exposure or interest in sensor fusion, machine learning, or AI
Epirus was the magical bow with infinite arrows wielded by the Greek hero Theseus. Like our namesake, we strive to be fast, efficient, and limitless in our approach. This agility, combined with a culture of innovation in systems development, allows us to move quickly without losing the decades of lessons learned.
We have developed technologies that leverage new breakthroughs in sensors and high-power microwaves, combined with computer vision and advanced software control. Our first broad-market application is a comprehensive defense system to defeat offensive drones at scale.
Read Full Job Description