Senior Software Engineer
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer that is ready to get their hands dirty and make an immediate impact in shaping the way our clients work. You will play a key role in everything from expanding and improving our current flagship product to building out additional products, micro-services, analytics platform functionality, and 3rd party integrations.
FloQast is a SaaS based company innovating solutions in the task management software and accounting space. We believe that our fresh approach to the accounting close process represents a massive opportunity to dramatically improve the day to day lives of accountants and their teams. Our software helps save countless hours, days, and in some cases weeks of their time while also empowering them to achieve the highest degree of transparency, accuracy, and control of their process.
*Visa sponsorship is NOT available at this time
What you'll do...
- Hands on development. Your day will consist of about 60% development, code reviews, and design. Our engineers care about reviews and code quality while iterating quickly.
- Work with the team to take features from conception to release. You will be responsible for asking the right questions, considering the deeper layers of architecture, and working with others to help our end users as a team.
- Ability to balance best practices with pragmatic problem solving. You’ve had experience with a wide range of software design patterns and know when and when not to use them. You like to think about interesting problems and share it freely with your team to solve problems together.
- Communication at all levels. Whether you’re talking to a first year developer or the CTO or to sales, you know how to adjust the conversation to be open and communicative to any person in the company. You believe strongly in listening first as a key tenet to communication.
We're looking for someone with...
- 5+ years of experience with web technologies in a professional environment
- Proficient to expert working knowledge of Node/Express, MongoDB, React/Redux, AWS, or other equivalent technologies.
- Ideally has worked in more than one stack and has a large breadth of working knowledge
- Someone that can think in patterns and quickly evaluate and make decisions regarding frameworks, platforms, API's, and other additional technologies
- Recognizes the importance of the team in their success and lifts the skills and expertise of those around them
- Holds code to a high standard and demonstrates craftsmanship in every project they take on
About FloQast www.floqast.com
FloQast is a fast-growing, Los Angeles-based, growth-stage company redefining how a critical business process (financial close) is performed. Our growth and success are fueled by a passion to define and dominate the close management software market. We are the first company of our kind to focus specifically on the mid-market. Our prospects have been hungry for a solution like FloQast and the response has made FloQast among the fastest growing FinTech companies with now more than 750 customers, including Lyft, Zoom, Twilio and the Golden State Warriors.
- We are fanatics about the success of our customers. Check us out on G2 Crowd
- We are equally fanatic about creating and maintaining a fabulous culture of support and success for all employees.
- We are moving quickly and there is a huge upside opportunity in terms of career growth
- FloQast offers competitive compensation, stock options, full benefits, and a positive and supportive work environment
- Named among Best Places to Work by LA Business Journal in 2017, 2018 and 2019
- Ranked #10 on The SaaS 1000
FloQast, Inc is committed to operating fair and unbiased recruitment procedures allowing all applicants an equal opportunity for employment, free from discrimination on the basis of religion, race, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, color, ethnic or national origin, or any other classification as may be protected by applicable law. We aim to recruit the right people for the jobs we have to offer, and to assess applications on the basis of relevant skills, education, and experience. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to provide a professional and welcoming workplace for all employees.