Senior Software Engineer at Hallmark Labs
Hallmark Labs is a subsidiary of Hallmark Cards, Inc based in Santa Monica, California.
We currently operate two digital subscription services, Hallmark Movies Now and
Hallmark eCards, as well as ongoing initiatives in personalized, print-on-demand
greeting cards. We are a diverse team of innovators, creators and influencers
leveraging Hallmark’s deep experience in creating meaningful connections and
progressing it into the digital age with cutting-edge technology.
Are you great at what you do and passionate about your work? Are you honest and
Are you a self- motivated, go-getter that likes to have fun?
If so, you are in the right place.
Do you dream in code, SOA, algorithms, and data structures? Do you love to work on small nimble teams that focus on writing amazing code to deliver great products with big impact that are loved by customers?
What we're looking for...
You're a seasoned polyglot engineer that is driven, takes ownership and is solution oriented and ready to join a stellar new team working on cross product foundational platform, shared by all our products written in Go. You'll be building robust and scalable software in multiple modern object oriented and functional languages. And making the company transitions to microservices using Go and Kafka.
You're not only someone who loves building great software, but also are passionate about getting stuff done. You might have worked at large top name companies, but you prefer smaller, more agile companies with tight knit cross-functional teams that focus on getting stellar products to market quickly. You have the skills and experience, but you still love to learn - and you want to work with super talented folks to build great products! As a part of this role, you will:
- Implement reactive design patterns, microservices, and REST APIs
- Work on integrations with other internal and external teams
- Participate in creating and clarifying User Stories, and in planning Sprints
- Dive into hard problems and successfully deliver great results on schedule
- Design and implement asynchronous, multi-processor solutions
- Learn new languages and choose the right language to solve the problems at hand, and work in Go
- Think in multi-threaded, asynchronous, and multi-processor solutions
- 5 or more years professional programming experience
- BS in Computer Science or related fields, or equivalent experience
- 2 or more years experience with two or more object oriented or functional languages (each), OR 2 or more years of professional experience with Go
- Experience with Service-oriented architecture (SOA), microservices, and REST APIs
- Familiarity with both SQL and NoSQL technologies such as MongoDB or Redis
- Experience in scaling applications
- Strong computer science theory fundamentals like algorithms and data structure design
- Experience mitigating security vulnerabilities
- Familiarity with performance tuning applications with tools like JMeter or Apache Bench
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience with Ruby, Python, or Go
- Experience with Apache Kafka
- Comfortable working on small, cross-functional, fast paced teams
- Excellent communication skills
This is a progressive role that will be filled at the level based on the skills and experience of the selected candidate. Please include a portfolio/link displaying clear evidence of the elements listed above, if necessary. Be prepared to explain your contribution, process and rationale for the projects you show.
To be considered for this position you must also show how you meet the Basic Qualifications of the job in a resume or document you upload, or by completing the work experience and education application fields. Accepted file types are Microsoft Word (DOC or DOCX), PDF, HTML, or TXT. Individual file size attachment limit is 10 MB.
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Hallmark Cards, Inc. and its subsidiary companies will hire only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Hallmark does not generally provide sponsorship for employment. Employment by Hallmark is contingent upon the signing of the Employment Agreement, signing of an agreement to arbitrate in connection with the Hallmark Dispute Resolution Program, completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, passing the urinalysis drug screen, education verification and satisfactory reference and background checks
Excellent medical benefits
401(k) match up to 5%
Life insurance policy for every employee, at no cost
Cell phone and home internet reimbursement
Carpool and parking pass cash-out program
Generous maternity/paternity leave
Employee assistance programs
Fully stocked kitchen with fresh fruit and delicious snacks and beverages
Monthly catered lunches
Soft serve machine 24/7
Great eateries close by, oh, and we're near the beach!
Massage chairs and bicycles
Onsite free parking
Flexible work hours/work from home
Hallmark Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status. Principals only please.