Senior Software Engineer
Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc. is a global leader in digital media and entertainment services across film, video and online content from capture to consumption.
Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in production, post production, distribution, asset and workflow management and new digital solution-based technologies.
With operations in Los Angeles, New York and around the globe, the company employs nearly 7,000 of the most talented, highly honored and recognized artists and industry veterans worldwide. For more information visit www.bydeluxe.com.
About Deluxe Technicolor Digital Cinema
Our Deluxe Technicolor Digital Cinema group is hiring outstanding software professionals to join us in developing and delivering next generation digital cinema system based on DCI. Deluxe Technicolor Digital Cinema is a global leader in the development of end-to-end distribution technology and support services for the delivery of digital cinema to theaters worldwide. We provide a complete range of capabilities to serve the emerging digital distribution needs for the motion picture industry based on an open standard that covers all of the stages for taking a movie from a studio master to a theater’s digital projection system. This includes compressing, encrypting, and transferring the master onto a deliverable media, delivering the content to the theater – for storage scheduling and playback, and installation and service of digital cinema playback systems.
We currently have an opening for a Senior Software Engineer. Successful candidates must have a strong application development background coupled with the ability to spot problematic areas, analyze solutions, propose resolutions and direct their implementation.
This position will be located in Burbank, CA.
• Work closely with development team to implement .NET application architectures and designs
• Maintain existing applications to support operations
• Produce development artifacts including Release Notes, Design Documents and Class Diagrams
• Perform testing with technical peers and functional end users to ensure successful launch of development projects
• Participate in Design and Code Reviews
RequirementsEducation and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems/Computer Science or related major
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience working with data-driven applications
• Expertise in Microsoft .NET Architecture and technologies
• Knowledge of distributed computing and SOA architectures (WCF, REST, WebAPI)
• In-depth knowledge of software development and coding techniques
• Experience with relational databases, and understanding of data architecture
• Experience with SQL Server stored procedure development
• Experience with Entity Framework, MVC and AngularJS a plus
• Experience with test-driven design and Agile methodologies a plus
• Detail oriented and ability to work under pressure and short timelines
• Strong interpersonal, written and verbal skills
If you're an independent thinker with a high level of ingenuity and the above qualifications, then we'd like you to join our team!
We offer a competitive salary and great benefits, including 401(k) and tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website to view additional positions and for more information on our company: http://www.bydeluxe.com. NO PHONE CALLS OR DROP OFFS PLEASE.
Deluxe’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.