Senior Software Engineer - Santa Monica / Remote
Why work at WAX?
Simple. Instant. Secure. Global.
WAX is the safest and most convenient way to create, buy, sell, and trade virtual items - to anyone, anywhere in the world.
Hundreds of millions of people around the globe already trade digital items. But the problems that plague the item trading community have stunted its growth far beneath its full potential. That's because the world of digital ownership today is defined by its restrictions. WAX is building a future to where it will be redefined by its freedom.
WAX is creating a full suite of blockchain-based tools that allows anyone to trade digital or even physical items instantly and securely, to anyone, anywhere.
Participants of the Worldwide Asset eXchange gain access to a global community of collectors and traders, buyers and sellers, creators and gamers, merchants and game developers.
Buy video game skins with confidence on a marketplace powered by WAX. Or build an online store with ease using our B2B tools. Find a buyer for your rare collectible sneakers who lives half a world away. We're building the tools to create the future of digital ownership and trading, and putting them in your hands. Come build it with us. What will you do with WAX?
Our team is growing, and we’re looking to add a Senior Software Engineer to enhance the WAX experiences as well as the platforms that support these.
You will have the opportunity to be a part of an exceptional team of distributed engineers that are responsible for building and creating new solutions around the WAX platform, which allows millions of traders to create their own virtual stores on one decentralized platform, providing instant payments, security, and trusted service that will bring millions of new participants into a growing ecosystem.
As a Senior Software Engineer at WAX your code is critical to the success and enablement of our core products, you will be expected to break down our code stack (built in PHP primarily) into microservices to improve the scalability of our products.
This position is an Individual Contributor role and reports to the VP of Engineering.
- With your technical expertise, you will lead in designing and developing scalable platforms.
- Maintain and evolve the software architecture, while adhering to design principles that consistently enable rapid iteration across the entire team.
- Support, engage and improve the entire software lifecycle of services, from inception, design through deployment, and refinement.
- Support our Agile methodology and current software engineering processes, to include recommending improvements.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge.
- Design, develop, and test versatile microservices for a cloud-based environment.
- Test and validate your code through integration, performance, and load testing requirements.
- Design, build, and implement RESTful services at scale.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics, Physics or related discipline
- 5+ years of industry experience building and shipping software.
- Demonstrate a significant understanding of object oriented programming concepts and design patterns.
- Comfortable with a linux/unix based environments for production environments.
- Experience with large-scale distributed storage and database systems (MySQL Primarily, PostgreSQL, RDMS, and NOSQL knowledge).
- Significant experience with PHP, NodeJS.
- Experience using AWS technologies (EC2, S3).
- Experience with CI/CD (Jenkins or Travis).
- Experience with load testing tools, profiling tools and regression testing.
- Ability to write thorough, scalable and clear design documentation.
- Experience using version control systems (Git).
- Solid grasp on security concepts for the web (OAuth, JWT’s, CSRF’s, SQL Injection)
- Ability to work within a distributed team environment wearing multiple hats.
- Ability to thrive in a startup environment.
Nice to have:
- Games, e-commerce, or payment gateway integration
- Frequent contributor to open-source projects
- Experience using Jira or other ticketing systems in an Agile environment
- Blockchain and/or distributed systems
Benefits & Perks
- 100% remote
- Competitive Salaries
- Company retreats
- Stocked Kitchen (if you want to join us onsite)
- Casual dress environment (if you want to join us onsite)
WAX is an equal opportunity employer
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to WAX without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.