We are looking for a full-time back end engineer with experience building systems with high availability that grow at scale for our SaaS platform.
You’ll work closely with our front end engineers and our product team, with a direct impact in the products you’ll be building. As a small distributed team, we rely heavily on effective communication and autonomy in order to build, iterate, and ship rapidly.
Our philosophy is that you would be teaching us as much as you'd learn from us. By learning and inspiring others, you'll help cultivate an environment that makes us better at what we do each day.
What you'll be doing:
- Contribute to all aspects of the software process: including architecture, specification reviews, automated testing, implementation, code reviews, debugging, and documentation.
- Design, build, test, and maintain scalable APIs, services, and systems within the platform
- Build a smart way to offer new products and services while taking into consideration industry regulations.
- Help with building and maintaining our back-end, CI, and cloud infrastructure.
What we're looking for:
- 4+ years experience with OOP (such as Ruby, Go or Node)
- 2+ years experience with Python (Django or Flask)
- Experience building and maintaining public-facing RESTful APIs that are designed to be use at scale
- Experience making architecture decisions and participating in the design and architecture of a project
- Experience writing maintainable and well-tested, server-side applications
- Self-directed and self-motivated individuals comfortable working with diverse teams
- Excellent English communication skills, verbal and written
- Experience with Python / Django
- Experience with AWS or other cloud services
- Experience with GraphQL
Sure offers employees benefits including: unlimited PTO, a variety of medical, dental and vision insurance plans covered at 80%, 401k plan, equity, employee assistance program, generous parental leave, home office stipend, an annual company retreat, and so much more!
Sure, an insurance technology company, powers digital insurance programs for the world’s most recognized brands and carriers. Its enterprise SaaS Platform and APIs accelerate digital transformation and omnichannel distribution without the need for additional IT resources. Sure streamlines all aspects of digital insurance sales and service with features designed for each phase of the insurance lifecycle. Founded in 2014, the company is remote first and has customers around the globe.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For more information, visit https://www.sureapp.com/. Follow @SureHQ on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Employment at Sure is contingent upon a satisfactory verification of a general and criminal background check. Upon an offer of employment, all prospective employees may be required to complete an employment application. Any background verifications will be obtained with written consent from the individual.