Senior Software Engineer - Product, Frontend
Beyond Limits product organization is seeking a creative and passionate front-end Software Engineer to join our team. You should have experience with all facets of frontend development and will build the application components that comprise the user interface, middleware, and web APIs. You understand the importance of customer-focused design and choosing the right technology for a good end-user experience. The position entails working in a fast-paced environment, working with multiple tiers of software systems that interface with cutting-edge Artificial Intelligence technologies. This role has exposure to many different technologies and business verticals creating huge room for learning and professional growth.
- Work with the UX designers and Technical Product Managers to understand requirements and build frontend web application components
- Build web applications written in a variety of technologies (React, Angular, ES5, ES6), including the building of reusable UI components in a modularized manner
- Create or leverage novel ways to visualize and plot large-sized 2D and 3D data sets
- Implement or integrate authentication and authorization features into the web application
- Implement security-conscious mid-tier APIs to service the web applications
- Be skilled at breaking down problems and provide time estimates for development tasks
- Articulate scalability, performance, and optimization needs for the application and ensure their coverage
- Provide oversight and mentoring of junior team members
- 6+ years of UI development experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related degree
- Experience in development of, and/or integration with web services and RESTful APIs
- Experience with source control tools, unit test development and performing code reviews
- Willingness and ability to quickly learn new technologies and frameworks. Demonstrate the ability to research, explain reasons and make informed technology choices.
- Strong understanding of APIs, databases and at least one server-side language (Python, Java, Go)
- Hands-on experience working with visualization libraries such as D3.js, plotly.js and/or web.gl
- Familiarity with unit testing frameworks such as Jest, Enzyme, Mocha, Selenium or Cypress
- Good understanding of CI / CD processes and cloud-based deployments
About Beyond Limits
Beyond Limits is a pioneering Artificial Intelligence engineering company creating advanced software solutions that go beyond conventional AI. Founded in 2014 with a legacy in space exploration, Beyond Limits is transforming proven technologies from Caltech and NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory into advanced AI solutions, hardened to industrial strength, and put to work for forward-looking companies on earth. We leverage this unparalleled innovation portfolio, along with proprietary cognitive technologies, to help companies solve tough, complex, mission-critical problems and transform their business. We apply a unique hybrid approach to AI, combining numeric AI techniques like machine learning with higher-order symbolic AI and expert human knowledge to deliver intuitive cognitive reasoning and information. Our cognitive computing technology mimics human thought processes and provides explainable reasoning to aid human-like decision-making.
Beyond Limits provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Beyond Limits complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Beyond Limits expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Beyond Limit’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.