Senior Software Engineer, Platform Storage
The Foundational Services tribe creates many of the core capabilities which power Procore, and blends our customer-focused, direct engagement style of engineering with a strong vision of the future software environment we’d like to work in. Our engineers work across a wide set of technologies to make that future exist, from global infrastructure to front-end, mobile to machine learning. They support Procore’s largest datasets, highest volume interfaces, and most critical systems, and prioritize clean engineering and durability. We’re looking for a senior engineer to work within this group and own a focus on file storage, uploads, processing and managing petabytes of unstructured data.
This position is based at our headquarters in Carpinteria, CA on the bluffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you'll do:
- Work within our rails code base while partnering across multiple squads to manage petabytes of unstructured data
- Own how we manage file storage, uploads and processing
- Make architectural design decisions that improve scalability and performance
- Exercise code reviews and provide constructive feedback
- Mentor junior engineers
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years experience in Ruby on Rails, or similar technologies
- Background in data at scale
- Experience in working with asynchronous requests in large scale applications
- Knowledgeable in SQL (PostgreSQL)
- Familiarity with AWS (EC2, S3, etc.)
- Experience in Agile development and TDD
- Understanding of a typical web development lifecycle including: development, testing, staging, deploying, and monitoring
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. To learn more about our team, click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.