Senior Software Engineer - NBC Sports Next at NBCUniversal (Remote)
NBC Sports Next is where sports and technology intersect. We're a subdivision of NBC Sports and home to all NBCUniversal digital applications in sports and technology within our three groups: Youth & Recreational Sports; Golf; and Betting, Gaming & Emerging Media.
At NBC Sports Next, we make playing sports better through innovative technology and immersive experiences for athletes, coaches, players and fans. We equip more than 30MM players, coaches, athletes, sports administrators and fans in 40 countries with more than 25 sports solution products, including SportsEngine , the largest youth sports club, league and team management platform; GolfNow , the leading online tee time marketplace and provider of golf course operations technology; GolfPass the ultimate golf membership that connects golfers to exclusive content, tee time credits, and coaching, tips; TeamUnify , swim team management services; GoMotion , sports and fitness business software solutions; and NBC Sports Edge , a leading platform for fantasy sports information and betting-focused tools.
At NBC Sports Next we're fueled by our mission to innovate, create larger-than-life events and connect with sports fans through technology that provides the ultimate in immersive experiences.
Golf fuses the team behind products and services like GolfNow, TeeOff and GolfPass, which better connects golfers and golf facilities around the world through innovative solutions like cloud-based golf course management and SmartPlay contactless technology and services that create optimum golfing experiences.
Come join us as we work together as one team to innovate and deliver what's Next.
Our ideal Senior Software Engineer candidate has at least 5 years of technical experience in a collaborative team environment delivering scalable, secure, and highly available SaaS applications.
- Develop highly interactive, user friendly, and feature rich applications.
- Work directly with Product Managers, Product Owners, User Experience, Quality Engineers, Principal Engineers, and Operations teammates to define, create, enhance, maintain, and deploy applications.
- Constantly use best practices by coding small, utilizing short lived branches, using feature toggles, building APIs, creating and maintaining unit tests, applying modern frameworks and design patterns, actively reducing technical debt, and continuously delivering by merging/releasing daily to the mainline branch.
- Complete complex tasks with minimal amount of oversight or supervision.
- Routinely plan, design, and deliver software engineering efforts.
- Discuss design and architecture with other engineering teammates.
- Demonstrate leadership and provide guidance to other teams with respect to integrating with your team domain.
- Contribute towards evolving the application architecture.
- Help others to learn and grow in their skills.
Our Technical Stack:
- Angular and TypeScript.
- Ruby on Rails
- Git, MySQL, NoSQL, Linux, Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services, and Serverless.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- 5 or more years professional experience.
- Experience working in a continuous integration environment.
- Ability to write high-quality, modular, maintainable, and secure code.
- Experience with testing best practices, including unit and integration tests.
- Ability to work well within a team environment, and also be self-starting and self-sufficient.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent training or experience.
- Endless intellectual curiosity.
- Thrives in a collaborative team environment.
- Experience with RESTful APIs and HTTP protocols, GraphQL a bonus.
- Exhibits a deep respect for the craft, and values building software sustainably by using modern techniques and industry best practices.
- Experience with object oriented design, ability to apply software patterns, and consuming event-driven applications using REST APIs within a microservice architecture.
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate effectively with other teammates of different software disciplines and technical skill sets.
- Experience in Ecommerce with product listings, marketplaces and stores
Fully Remote: This position has been designated as fully remote, meaning that the position is expected to contribute from a non-NBCUniversal worksite, most commonly an employee's residence.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.