About the Opportunity:
About Your Responsibilities:
- Create scalable, fault tolerant, anti-fragile web services.
- Ensure that all developed applications are extensively tested and sufficiently documented.
- Work closely with product owners, tech leads, quality assurance and direct management to elaborate and define requirements, priorities and estimate timelines.
- Work with other team members to define service APIs.
- Quickly develop executable prototypes and iterate on ideas.
- Tenaciously follow technology advancements relevant to our customers and propose integration and use.
- 5-7 Years Java development experience in an enterprise setting.
- Exposure to Spring / Hibernate frameworks.
- Experience with automated testing frameworks and TDD.
- Experience with RDBMS concepts and SQL.
- Experience with RESTful Web Services.
- Experience working with Git/GitHub.
- Ability to learn quickly and take ownership of tasks, process, and products.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), time management and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Ability to work as a team member in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to work well with rapid deployment cycles and tight deadlines.
- Minimum Bachelors of Science in Computer Science or related fields or equivalent work experience. MBA or Master's ideal.
- Experience of Small Business Digital Marketing / Online advertising (SEO/SEM) ideal.
- 2+ Years experience with a Unix-based operating system.
- Familiar with Agile methodologies and principles.
- Experience with Behavior Driven Development (BDD).
- Experience with SQL & NoSQL.
- Experience with messaging architectures.
Are you looking for a company that values innovation, passion, and a healthy work/life balance? A job where you feel supported and appreciated? At ReachLocal, we know our employees drive success, and we strive to create a thriving company culture where you’ll enjoy coming to work every day.
Here, you can walk through the halls and bump into our CEO, catch an inter-office ping pong tournament, or support a local cause with your fellow employees. Are you ready to join a company where you can have fun and work with some of brightest people in digital marketing?
Our mission is to help local businesses all over the world reach more local customers online. As a leader in powering online marketing for local businesses, ReachLocal has been recognized for outstanding products and exceptional employees, having won Google’s Quality Account Champion in North America and Google’s Innovation Champion Award in Canada. Our CEO, Sharon Rowlands, has won countless awards, most recently the Gold Stevie Award for Female Executive of the Year in the 13th Annual Stevie Awards for Women in Business.
ReachLocal is headquartered in Woodland Hills, CA, with over 60 locations throughout the United States, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands, Japan, Australia, and Brazil.
We invite you to learn more about us, connect with us, and grow with us here:
• Career Site: http://careers.reachlocal.com
• Blog: http://blog.reachlocal.com/
• LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/reachlocal
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/reachlocaljobs
• Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/reachlocal
• Hear from our employees: http://blog.reachlocal.com/reachlocal-services-spotlight-meet-some-of-our-marketing-experts
ReachLocal is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee.