Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack)
Greater LA Area
Ranker is growing! Located in the Mid-Wilshire district in Los Angeles, CA, we are the #1 online destination for opinion-based, crowdsource rankings of everything. As part of our growth, we're currently looking for talented, experienced, and entrepreneurial-minded engineers looking to build high performance, highly-scalable web applications for our high traffic site.
As our Software Engineer, you will be working with our fullstack team to help build and maintain our yield optimization platform, workflow tools around creating and managing facebook ads as well as internal tools that support our editorial and adops teams.
What we're looking for:
- At least 5+ years of commercial software engineering experience
- 3+ years PHP development (with some HTML & CSS)
- 2+ years working with Laravel
- 1+ years working with Vue
- Solid knowledge of design patterns
- Advanced level proficiency of the LAMP Stack (PHP/MySql/Apache/Linux)
- BS in Computer Science or related engineering discipline
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience working with 3rd party APIs specifically Facebook & DFP for reporting
- Experience developing complex internal tools for business processes
- Work experience working for an Internet startup, particularly in SEO-driven, ad-driven industries (ie online content, ad tech, social media, etc)
What's in it for you:
- Be part of fast-growing, mid-stage startup with incredible growth opportunities
- Very competitive compensation including very competitive salary, meaningful equity, and benefits
- Speaking of benefits, we offer fully-paid medical, plus heavily subsidized voluntary dental and vision plans.
- 10 Paid holidays, plus additional days of paid time off per year
- Very casual workplace (ie t-shirts and shorts are totally fine) with a fully stocked kitchen including free snacks, soda, Perrier, Mexican Coca Cola; we also do catered lunches and breakfast weekly, and free massages every other week.
- Located conveniently in the Mid-Wilshire district, minutes from Beverly Hills, Miracle Mile, and the 10 Freeway
**No relocation - LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY**
Ranker is a data-driven media company, the #1 online destination for opinion-based, crowdsourced rankings of everything. The company's technology is centered on user engagement, turning its lists into the “best possible rankings” via the wisdom of crowds. A Quantcast Top 50 site, Ranker attracts more than 40 million monthly unique visitors, and outperforms almost every other publisher in time-on-site per visit. As a result, Ranker is a treasure-trove of consumer sentiment data with more than 250 million votes gathered to date on over 100,000 unique items, generating a deep and precise interest graph which the company launched as a B2B tool in 2016 to augment the existing ad-based business. Ranker is headquartered in Los Angeles, California.
Ranker will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Read Full Job Description