Dave (Nasdaq: DAVE) is on a mission to build products that level the financial playing field. Our banking app helps millions of members bank, budget, find work, build credit, and access up to $500 advances without paying a fee. With a growing suite of tools and services, we provide a superior banking experience for anyone living paycheck to paycheck. We’re looking for high performers to be part of our journey to bring access to financial opportunity for everyone.
Dave is looking for talented Senior Engineers to play an instrumental role in building products that help millions of people improve their relationship with money. We're looking for passionate software engineers interested in full stack development. If you're excited to join a tight-knit collaborative team with a mission of helping others, we'd love to hear from you.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with our PM and design teams to define feature specifications and build products leveraging frameworks such as React & React Native
- Work closely with operations and infrastructure to build and scale back-end services
- Regularly participate in code reviews and other team functions
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Strong CS fundamentals and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to work as part of a team
- Experience with the Dave Tech Stack is a plus: Typescript (Runs on Node.js), MySQL, Google Cloud Platform, React Native, React
- Effective communication skills, a positive attitude, and ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- The ability to discuss and explain system architecture and component design
Technologies we teach and use
- React Native
Don’t let imposter syndrome get in your way of an incredible opportunity. We’re looking for people who can help us achieve our mission and vision, not just check off the boxes. If you’re excited about this role, we encourage you to apply. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
Why you’ll love working here:
At Dave, our people are just as important as our product. Our culture is a reflection of our values that guide who we are, how we work, and what we aspire to be. Daves are member centric, helpful, transparent, persistent, and better together. We strive to create an environment where all Daves feel valued, heard, and empowered to do their best work. As a virtual first company, team members can live and work anywhere in the United States, with the exception of Hawaii.
A few of our benefits & perks:
• Opportunity to tackle tough challenges, learn and grow from fellow top talent, and help millions of people reach their personal financial goals
• Flexible hours and virtual first work culture with a home office stipend
• Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
• Insurance premiums 100% covered for you and 80% for your dependents
• Generous paid parental and caregiver leave
• 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
• Financial advisor and financial wellness support
• Flexible PTO and generous company holidays, including Juneteenth and Winter Break
• All-company in-person events once or twice a year and virtual events throughout to connect with your team members and leadership team
Dave, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is dedicated to cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants and do not discriminate on any basis protected by federal, state, or local law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.