Senior Software Engineer- Front End at Pluto TV
Pluto TV, a ViacomCBS company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer- Front End, This position requires technical familiarity with frontend development, good communication skills, along with good organization and collaboration abilities. Enthusiasm and curiosity in the web field is a strong plus. This posiiton can be 100% remote.
Overview & Responsibilities:
• Work jointly with Product, QA and Backend teams to delivery a best-in-class user experience to entertain millions of users
• Design/implement features that anticipate failure and corner cases
• Maintain detailed documentation on features, flows and processes
• Effectively communicate and document progress via Jira, Slack and Confluence
• Take ownership and responsibility for your work
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related degree
• Minimum 7+ years of software development experience
• Minimum 3+ years of ReactJS Web Application development experience
• OTT Connected TV / Smart TV / Embedded Devices app development experience
• 2+ years full-stack development experience
• 1+ years Typescript development experience
• Experience developing and supporting enterprise-grade applications
• Strong ability to troubleshoot / debug issues
• Experience integrating REST APIs, ability to quickly pick up new APIs/SDKs
• Capable of working in a fast-paced agile environment
• Experience documenting engineering processes and best practice
• React + Redux development experience
• Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.