BOULEVARD | ABOUT US
Boulevard was founded with the fundamental belief that personal care should be convenient for all. Our mission is to maximize potential for salons and spas, as well as the clients they serve.
Developed in collaboration with industry-leading owners and operators, our scheduling, point of sale, and conversation platform was carefully designed to drive revenue, automate workflows, and convert customers from visitors into valuable, long-term clients. By facilitating a better, personalized experience across every transaction and interaction, Boulevard’s technology not only helps salons and spas to survive, but thrive. Take a look at how we (and YOU) can make that happen.
DARE TO DISRUPT | INSPIRE INNOVATION
We are diligent about solving hard problems and are not afraid to challenge conventions or question the status quo. If our ambitions aren't terrifying, we aren't pushing ourselves enough.
We have an insatiable curiosity and embrace experimentation. We believe that simple solutions require the most sophistication and we design each and every detail to maximize potential, power and impact. Do our values match? Read through our story and what we value the most.
We are building extremely complicated single page applications which need to scale to millions of users. We pride ourselves with the patience to build the best solution and not the easiest. Our code is maintainable, expressive and elegant. We often ship several changes to our applications daily and test multiple versions simultaneously.
- Collaborate with a small yet extraordinarily talented team of engineers to implement front-end technologies to acquire customers, increase conversion and engagement
- Work closely with the Design and Product teams to translate complex technical workflows into delightful user experiences
- Define how Boulevard builds user interfaces and ensure that we’re utilizing and keeping up with modern web standards
- Continually test, measure, and iterate on the results of your work in the spirit of continuous improvement
- Write clean, reusable, and well-tested front-end code
- Help to bridge the responsibilities of the Design and Engineering teams, spending time with both on the way to launching new products
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end abstractions and systems that drive complex web applications
- Build and contribute to open source projects
- Have at least 7 years of on the job experience as an engineer
- Experience in building large-scale web applications in a fast-moving team environment
- A strong understanding of UX and UI design standards
- The perfectionist’s touch on a pragmatist’s deadline: you strive for pixel-perfection and intuitive functionality
- The ability to bring any design to life with HTML and CSS, with cross browser compatibility and accessibility
- A comfort in using tools like Sketch or Photoshop to tweak and export assets from our Design team
- Smarts, humility, communication skills, and equal willingness to teach and learn
- Demonstrated work beyond the front-end, experienced in integrating with a wide array of back-end technologies and services
- You can straddle client and server development, creating APIs that drive web apps
- Experience constructing data visualizations using libraries like D3.js
- You nerd out making things animate with SVG, Paper.js, Three.js, Canvas, or WebGL
- Experience with Stripe or processing credit cards
- You understand the intricacies of timezones
- Web optimization, performance tools, and load testing
- You maintain or contribute to an open source project
Current Front-End Technologies
- React / React Native
- The best tool for the job
In addition to the wonderful people you’ll get to work with (meet some of them here!) and challenging projects that’ll push you - Boulevard is here to make sure you’re always at the top of your game emotionally, mentally, and physically.
Take a break whenever you need to with our unlimited vacation day policy.
Fully remote so you can choose where you want to work.
Health is a priority so we’ve got you covered with dental, medical, vision, and life insurance.
Investing in the future with a 401(k) option.
Equity: get ahead on the ground floor and grow with Boulevard.
Hear what Leo, one of our architects, has to say about life at Boulevard.
Read through what our customers are saying about our product.
Check out our latest product release and how we’re continuously working to improve.
Our team values and celebrates our diverse backgrounds. Being open about who we are and what we do allows us to do the best work of our lives. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too.
Read Full Job Description