Tinder brings people together. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, 2 billion swipes per day, hundreds of thousands of requests per second, 20 million matches per day and a presence in every country on earth, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing.
Tinder is looking for an experienced engineer to work on the build and deploy CICD platform used by all of Tinder engineering. Our goal is to automate all complexities of our infrastructure, increase the development velocity and create a platform that can handle millions of requests per second.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Build the cloud infrastructure platform from the ground up rather than simply reusing already existing solutions.
- Work on a high impact, greenfield project.
- Create a new in-house platform for Android, iOS and Web CI/CD
- Work on a cutting edge Kubernetes and Envoy service-mesh stack
- Own and drive a cross team project from end to end
- Recruit, encourage, and develop other team members
- Participate in architecture, design, and code reviews
- Build highly reliable software solutions
What we’re looking for:
- 3-5 years of software development experience
- 2+ years of experience with AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.
- Docker, Terraform experience
- Experience using CI/CD environments (Jenkins, Spinnaker, etc.)
- Strong communication skills and a passion to drive projects from start to finish
- Excellent knowledge and experience with backend languages like Python, Go and Java
- Excellent knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, software design, and coding
Bonus Points if you have:
- Mobile build or CI/CD experience
- Kubernetes, Envoy, Jenkins, Puppet experience
- Experience with managing a CI/CD platform
- Experience with cloud networking technology (VPC, ELB, Route53/DNS, etc.)
- Experience with developing and maintaining best practices within code repositories
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or similar subject area
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
• Working on a product that has an immediate impact on people’s lives all around the world
• Collaborating with a team of creative, fun and driven colleagues
• Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) employer match
• Other perks and wellness benefits like a fitness membership subsidy, paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance offerings, and a commuter subsidy
• Access to mental health resources
• Fertility preservation benefits
• No Meeting Wednesdays, an annual Learning + Development stipend, and access to a wide range of product and service discounts through Perkspot
• Charitable donations match up to $15,000 annually
• Monthly and weekly interactive virtual events including Book Club, trivia with prizes and yoga workouts
• The opportunity to join six active Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product, and our community. We strive to make our workplace an inclusive and diverse environment, giving people from all walks of life the opportunity to have a voice. We champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity to join our team dedicated to bringing people together across the globe. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, or other lived experience.