Senior Software Engineer, API Integrations at WELL Health, Inc.
WELL is a patient communication infrastructure for healthcare. We enable enterprise health systems, private practices, and vendors to conduct seamless conversations with patients across multiple channels — including texting, email, telephone, and live chat.
With WELL, patients receive all of their healthcare communication from one trusted source — their provider. The platform empowers service representatives to converse with patients in real time, ensuring patients feel heard while driving staff efficiency and increased revenue.
Founded in 2015, WELL is based in Santa Barbara, California and is the highest rated patient engagement software on G2. WELL serves many of the country’s leading health systems and more than 20 million patients.
WELL is proud to have been named one of the 2020 Central Coast Best Places to Work by the Pacific Coast Business Times and one of the 2020 Best Places to Work in Healthcare by Modern Healthcare. To learn more about WELL, please visit our LinkedIn.
WELL is looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join our fast-paced, growing engineering department. You will primarily be working on API Integrations. You will work with other bright and motivated software engineers under the guidance of our Director of Software Architecture.
You will be responsible for developing new and improving existing internal product APIs used by the Integration team to ultimately provide data to and from our clients. You will work closely with stakeholders from the Product and Integration teams to gather requirements for client use cases, and you will be responsible for designing and implementing elegant APIs and data models that will best fulfill those requirements.
In addition to being a strong developer, you will need strong communication skills to work with a distributed team and be motivated to build quality software. You will also be flexible and adaptable enough to thrive in a fluid startup environment. This is an exciting role with room for growth.
- Designing, developing, and maintaining products, services, APIs and integrations for the WELL platform
- Collaborate with the Product and Integration teams in an Agile environment to break down requirements, plan, design, and estimate tasks
- Drive quality by writing effective unit, Integration, and functional tests for high availability and high throughput systems and libraries in an AWS ecosystem
- Architecting solutions using the latest security and compliance standards for healthcare
- Building tools to monitor system performance and reliability at scale
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of experience in a software engineer, software architect, or other software development role
- Experience with Java, Node.js or other Object-Oriented programming language
- Hands-on experience with SQL, entity modeling, and relational databases
- Experience in designing RESTful APIs, event-driven workflows, and microservices
- Test automation experience – Jest/Mocha/Junit/Spock/Groovy unit testing, TDD, testing pyramid
- Experience with AWS or other Cloud technology
- Strong communication skills and an ability to interact with all levels of technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong commitment to producing quality products
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Teamplayer that is a positive attitude, and a passion for WELL’s mission
- Healthcare experience with Electronic Medical Records Systems, Practice Management Systems, Interface Engines, or other healthcare standards
- Experience building modular microservice applications in Node.js, Spring Boot, or other microservice frameworks
- Knowledge of software development best practices and familiarity with common design patterns
- Experience with Jenkins or other continuous integration and continuous delivery tools
- Experience with GIT, SVN, or other version control system
- Experience working in an Agile environment (Scrum or Lean)
- Experience using Jira or other issue trackers
- Familiarity with Terraform or other Infrastructure as Code tools
WELL is headquartered in Santa Barbara, CA and has a satellite office in Orange County, CA. Today, all WELL positions are remote, and we are looking forward to when our company returns to in-office work. We are open to candidates that are looking for a permanently remote role depending on their level of experience. Historically, remote team members visit the Santa Barbara office regularly, and we’ve found that works best when they are on the West Coast, specifically in Southern California.
PERKS AND BENEFITS
Fantastic company culture – frequent Zoom company events (Lunch & Learns, trivia, yoga, etc.) and daily fun brought to you by many creative Slack channels.
Workplace groups – company committees available for all to join (Diversity & Inclusion and Workplace Engagement).
Learning and development – frequent events and tools available to help our employees #PursueGrowth.
Career mobility – we promote from within and have opportunities for employees to transfer between teams.
MacBook Pro provided
Unlimited vacation/PTO and a flexible work schedule
Generous equity package
Full health benefits – medical/dental/vision
WELL Health Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fair and equitable hiring practices. All hiring decisions at WELL are based on strategic business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexuality, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other protected status.
We’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace, where everyone feels safe to be themselves and diversity is a strength. WELL is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment; WELL will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.