Senior Software Engineer (Android)
What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Senior Android Engineer to join us on our journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As a Senior Android Engineer at Procore, you’re given the unique opportunity to partner intimately with our customer base, translating their fundamental needs into technological SaaS solutions. You'll help shape our app and develop a rich, mobile-centric user experience. Backed by the might of our teams, we’ll provide you with the tools and resources needed to achieve extraordinary results that render a significant impact extending beyond the boundaries of traditional engineering roles.
This position is based at our headquarters in Carpinteria, CA on the bluffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience building Android applications using Java
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, a related field, or comparable work experience
- Ability to create beautiful, highly-responsive, and performant user interfaces
- Understanding of concurrency and multithreading
- Comfortable with Git and Agile development
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills
- Strong product and customer focus
- Experience working with RESTful APIs using XML and JSON
- Experience with unit testing using JUnit and UI testing using Espresso
- Experience mentoring junior developers
- Experience with Kotlin and RxJava would be a strong plus
- Understanding of TDD, Android’s architectural components, and MVP/MVVM architecture
To give you a better idea of what we do, here are some of our current projects:
- Building a camera tool that leverages Google’s Mobile Vision API to automate tedious data entry for quicker item creation
- Architecting scalable solutions to sync large amounts of data in a way that supports our users out in the field
- Implementing robust database and networking code that supports our entire team of Android engineers
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, flexible paid time off (Procore Values Time), employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.