Headspace has one mission: to improve the health and happiness of the world. Headspace is a global leader in mindfulness through its app and online content offerings. At Headspace, our employees embody our three core values: selfless drive, courageous heart, and a curious mind.
Being on the engineering team, you’ll be working on a product that impacts more than 65M users. You will help us bring new features to life to meet our mission, while also helping push our platform to newer technologies as we embrace the cutting edge. A big goal needs talented people, so come join us and give your day job a sense of purpose!
About the Senior Android Engineer at Headspace:
At Headspace, we believe that the power of health and happiness can deeply impact each one of us. We are seeking a Senior Android Engineer to join our team and make significant contributions to our mission of making the world a happier and healthier place.
Location: This role is open to remote employees in select US states: California, New York, Florida, Georgia, Texas, Maryland + Washington DC, North Carolina and Washington.
How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace:
- Design and build applications and tools to unlock the Android platform’s productivity
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Help establish and enforce the Android platforms best practices and standards to maintain a healthy code base
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
What you’ve accomplished:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related experience
- 4+ years of experience Proven working experience in software development
- Working experience in Android development
- Have published one or more Android apps in the app store
- A deep familiarity with Java/Kotlin
- Experience working with Android frameworks
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
How we feel about Diversity & Inclusion:
Headspace is committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do impactful work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our workplace.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Headspace. Please inform our Talent team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
How to get started:
If you’re excited by the idea of seeing yourself in this role at Headspace, please apply with your CV and a cover letter that best expresses your interest and unique qualifications.