ReachLocal, Inc.'s (NASDAQ: RLOC) mission is to help small- and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) acquire, maintain and retain customers via the Internet. ReachLocal offers a comprehensive suite of online marketing solutions, including search engine marketing (ReachSearch™), Web presence (ReachCast™), display advertising (ReachDisplay™) and remarketing, deal commerce (ReachDeals™), online marketing analytics (TotalTrack), and assisted chat service (TotalLiveChat™), each targeted to the SMB market. ReachLocal delivers this suite of services to SMBs through a combination of its proprietary technology platform and its direct, "feet-on-the-street" sales force of Internet Marketing Consultants and select third party agencies and resellers.
Since the company’s founding in 2004, ReachLocal has generated over 34 million phone calls and 20 million online inquires for our local business advertisers. Through our publisher network that includes Google and Yahoo!, ReachLocal reaches over 195 million search engine users and 170 million Internet surfers. With over 55 million keywords currently under management, ReachLocal has 17,400 active advertisers and 24,300 active campaigns running throughout 54 markets in North America, Europe and Australia.
The Senior Software Engineer will own the SaaS services for ReachLocal. Working closely with stakeholders and implementation teams, the candidate will lead the development for the product roadmap.
• Design and build REST and SOAP APIs for use both internally and by our partners
• Play a key role in the architecture and implementation of technology initiatives within the organization
• Evangelize best practices to the engineering, product, and qa teams
• Work with project management, finance, and other engineering teams to meet project expectations and deadlines
• Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent degree in technology-related studies; MS in technology related field preferred
• Ability to drive development best practices in software engineering
• Practical experience designing and building enterprise software systems in the Java Platform, preferably with the Spring Framework. Other language experience is a plus.
• Demonstrate experience building highly scalable, economically feasible, and high-performing systems
• Passionate about modernizing existing application code and infrastructure and improving security
• Drive to learn new technologies and apply them to both cutting-end and legacy offerings
• Experience architecting real-time, high-volume, high-performance, and multi-threaded systems
• Extensive knowledge of current and emerging Open Source technologies and trends
• Experience with design patterns, test-driven, and object-oriented-driven development techniques
• Experience architecting product software under an Agile development methodology
• Technical curiosity coupled with excellent analysis and design skills
• Passionate about introducing practices, processes, techniques, and skills that will further enhance the ability of our teams to stay focused on meeting our objectives
• Travel may be up to 10%.
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-CA-Woodland Hills