Senior Software Delivery Engineer at Procore Technologies
SENIOR SOFTWARE DELIVERY ENGINEER
What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Senior Software Delivery Engineer to join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As a Senior Software Delivery Engineer at Procore, you’re given the unique opportunity to partner intimately with our customer base, translating their fundamental needs into technological SaaS solutions. Backed by the might of our teams, we’ll provide you with the tools and resources needed to achieve extraordinary results that render a significant impact extending beyond the boundaries of traditional engineering roles.
This position will report to the Manager of Software Delivery and has the opportunity to be based at our headquarters in Carpinteria, CA, Austin, TX office, or work remotely from any U.S location. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Help establish standards for development teams and collaborate on initiatives with infrastructure, platform, and other software engineering teams
- Develop fellow teammates by conducting code reviews and pairing
- Leverage our tech stack: Primarily Ruby/Rails/Postgres hosted on AWS and increasingly using Kubernetes, and languages such as Java and Typescript. We currently use CircleCI for Continuous Integration and a combination of Spinnaker and an in house tool for CD.
- Drive key projects including:
- Delivering Software at Scale: We’re growing rapidly and need engineers who are ready to take on the challenge of building our next-generation CI/CD pipeline to enable hundreds of other developers to deliver high-quality software safely at a high velocity.
- Delivering Services at Speed: We’re continuing our transition to a service-oriented architecture, and we need build/test/deploy pipelines that allow developers to put their services into production quickly and safely, with a minimum of handoffs to other teams.
- Software Delivery Observability: We intend to become an elite performer in the software industry, and we can only do this if we learn and adapt quickly. We need telemetry from our software delivery systems from which to continually learn how to improve our lead time for changes, our change failure rate, and our mean time to recover from failure.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, a related field, or comparable work experience
- 5+ years experience in software engineering fundamentals, Test Driven Development and Design principles (Ruby on Rails, Python, C++, Java, or similar languages preferred)
- Understanding of the tradeoffs between short-term and long-term goals and balancing immediate needs with strategic initiatives
- Experience working with software, platforms, and infrastructure at scale (we run thousands of hosts and have millions of users)
- Experience building modern Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery systems at scale
- Experience working with a team on large initiatives with the ability to course correct as needed
- Experience working with modern web development including development, testing, staging, deploying, and monitoring
- Ability to use logic and reason to build ideas for the team and back up ideas with qualitative and quantitative evidence
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, flexible paid time off (Procore Values Time), employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.