The Platform team provides the foundation that empowers Fair's engineers to build incredible things. We are expanding our team team with a remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer position.
Reporting to the Platform Engineering Manager, you are customer-centric, and you have demonstrated expertise in multiple areas of software engineering but are passionate about building and operational excellence across our platform and delivering "5 Nines Availability". This is a great opportunity for you if you have experience dealing with issues of scale, debugging low-level production problems, and improving the availability of systems.
- Oversee the site reliability and operation of our infrastructure and platform
- Design and champion SRE best practices from idea conception to delivery
- Maintain and evolve our Golang-based applications to provide great experience for our customers (other engineers in the organization)
- Help grow the SRE wing of our platform team
- Maximally automate processes to promote human-free operations
- Improve metrics on quality of service, incidents and availability
- Participate in our follow the sun on-call duties while focusing on reducing incidents and need for help with creative technological solutions or processes
- Help troubleshoot and debug production issues across all of our services
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, applied mathematics or related field or 5 years of equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of relevant work experience
- Relevant certifications in AWS, Kubernetes, Linux, database administration, networking, security, Six Sigma are welcomed
- 5+ years of experience in reliability engineering, software engineering, systems engineering, platform engineering, SRE, ops, or similar fields
- Expert knowledge of Go
- Expert knowledge of Linux
- Deep systems, cloud and infrastructure knowledge
- Experienced with Python, Ruby and Bash scripting languages
- Familiarity with AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, and Terraform
- Experience with integration and end-to-end testing in microservices environments
- Experience with microservices, distributed logging and tracing
- Experience managing monitoring systems
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines
- Familiarity with security concepts and best practices
- Experience with computer networks
- 100% coverage of medical, dental and vision benefits for employees AND their families
- Healthy work-life balance
- Equity incentives
- Unlimited vacation package
- Up to four months 100% paid parental leave
- Remote work stipend
- Employee referrals rewards
- Diverse and inclusive culture
- Leadership, mentorship, and learning programs
It's Fair's policy to provide equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants for employment. No person will be discriminated against in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sex, medical condition (as defined by California law and which includes pregnancy or childbirth), national origin, age, physical or mental disability, political activity or affiliation, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other legally protected status where there is no bona fide occupational qualification or legitimate business reason for the differing treatment. In addition, Fair prohibits harassment on any of the bases listed above or any other characteristics protected under federal, state or local laws.
For written California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) disclosure notice, click here.
For audible California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) disclosure notice, click here.