You will help design, maintain and evolve the security program to protect Sure from external and internal threats. You are hands on, collaborative, adaptive, detail oriented and thrive in a rapid growth environment. The ideal candidate is well-rounded in multiple security disciplines.
Our philosophy is that you would be teaching us as much as you’d learn from us. By learning and inspiring others, you’ll help cultivate an environment that makes us better at what we do each day.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate with stakeholders across teams, implement and enforce appropriate polices and procedures.
- Maintain our security monitoring solutions and make changes when needed to improve visibility or relevancy of alerting.
- Work with engineers to provide subject matter expertise and contribute to all aspects of architecture, authentication, system security and software design.
- Administer security-related infrastructure and applications, such as intrusion detection/prevention systems, EDR, firewalls and vulnerability scanners.
- Automate security processes and infrastructure when possible.
- Continuously review the design and efficiency of application security controls and develop a program of continuous security improvement relating to SDLC.
- Partner with developers to develop and implement application security standards, patterns and guidelines that support ongoing deliveries.
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, and standards in support of security enhancement and development efforts.
- Help plan and execute a security roadmap.
What we’re looking for:
- 4+ years of InfoSec role in a financial or technology startup.
- Experience securing and utilizing cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Experience hardening and monitoring a Kubernetes cluster.
- Strong knowledge of web application design, development and testing techniques.
- Proficiency in scripting languages, such as Python or Bash.
- Self-directed and self-motivated individuals comfortable working with diverse teams.
- Experience hardening MacOS and Linux Systems, with strong technical understanding of operating system internals.
- Experience with PCI/SOC/HIPPA audits is a plus.
- Experience implementing security and control frameworks.
- Experience responding to security incidents.
Sure offers employees benefits including: unlimited PTO, a variety of medical, dental and vision insurance plans covered at 80%, 401k plan, equity, employee assistance program, generous parental leave, home office stipend, an annual company retreat, and so much more!
Sure, an insurance technology company, powers digital insurance programs for the world’s most recognized brands and carriers. Its enterprise SaaS Platform and APIs accelerate digital transformation and omnichannel distribution without the need for additional IT resources. Sure streamlines all aspects of digital insurance sales and service with features designed for each phase of the insurance lifecycle. Founded in 2014, the company is remote first and has customers around the globe.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For more information, visit https://www.sureapp.com/. Follow @SureHQ on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Employment at Sure is contingent upon a satisfactory verification of a general and criminal background check. Upon an offer of employment, all prospective employees may be required to complete an employment application. Any background verifications will be obtained with written consent from the individual.