Grindr is growing its security team, and is looking for an experienced Senior Security Engineer to bring our approach to the next level. Our quickly growing user base expects and deserves a higher level of privacy and security consideration than most. This is a challenging role requiring creativity and proactivity.
You will play a pivotal role improving security across all aspects of the Grindr infrastructure. This infrastructure runs complex new services and operates at significant scale. You will have a central role defining Grindr’s approach to security.What You'll Do
- Push the boundaries of security technology to create defenses for large scale production infrastructure and networks
- Develop systems and processes to manage cybersecurity threats across all functions: identify, protect, detect, respond, recover
- Lead security awareness and security knowledge sharing with Engineering teams to foster a culture of security
- Harden our clients, servers, networks, AWS infrastructure, containers, and Kubernetes environments against exploitation and privilege escalation
- Perform security design reviews for infrastructure and frontend-related projects
- Instrument systems and networks to enable rapid detection of and response to intrusions and abuse
- Evaluate and employ the latest third-party security tools and services
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- A security generalist background with 2-4 years experience in application security, encryption, hardening, cloud security, data center security and compliance
- Experience with AWS and Kubernetes security hardening
- Solid foundational knowledge of technologies around network security including DNS, load balancing, IPSec, TLS and HTTP
- Programming skills in languages such as Python, C, Java
- Experience with vulnerability management processes and tools (e.g. Nessus)
- A strong drive to stay current with the latest security best practices
- Experience collaborating with Engineering teams
- Experience performing threat modeling for systems and infrastructure to identify potential security issues
- Expertise in the NIST Cybersecurity Framework or similar frameworks
- (Preferred) Experience with Splunk infrastructure and log analysis
- Production servers, networks, clients, and data are safe in your hands. You are a subject matter expert who wants to implement tactical solutions and contribute to the bigger picture.
Why Work at Grindr?
Since 2009, Grindr has built the world’s largest social network for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. Now more than just an app, we’re a family of lifestyle brands with the shared mission to connect LGBTQ people with the world around them:
- Grindr – The location-based social app that started it all. Over 3 million people use Grindr daily, from every country on the planet.
- Grindr for Equality (G4E) – Our social mission to promote justice, health, and safety for LGBTQ individuals around the globe.
- BLOOP - (In App) Each week we serve up freshly-juiced content highlighting user experiences, dating advice, grooming tips, queer pop culture & more.
Behind the brands, Grindr is an inclusive and passionate family of thinkers, innovators, leaders, and most importantly, doers. We’re fueled by endless curiosity, constant collaboration, and a knack for crossing every finish line – all within an agile growth environment. We also enjoy tons of perks, great social events, and stunning views from our HQ in West Hollywood.
Benefits & Perks
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous Parental Leave
- Flexible Time Off Policy
- Competitive Salaries
- 401k Match
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment
- Office Daily Catered Lunch (when not working from home)
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer