We’re looking for a Senior Security Engineer who will be a key member of the Security Engineering team, providing expertise in designing, engineering, building, and deploying security solutions in support of enterprise-level initiatives. You’ll be an internal security entrepreneur, working closely with stakeholders across multiple departments, acting as a subject matter expert in order to ensure high impact projects are implemented with security best practices in mind. You will be a core contributor in designing and maintaining IT security systems and tools throughout our entire corporate environment. Our clients entrust FloQast with their financial data and as such it is our mission to deliver features that provide resilience, confidence and trust in our platform. We believe in scaling security through software engineering best practices and automation. You'll play a fundamental role in shaping the future of security at FloQast and your work will have significant impact and visibility.
FloQast is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and we are seeking US Based REMOTE Engineers.
*Visa sponsorship is NOT available at this time
What you’ll do…
- Plan and execute an InfoSec roadmap, and collaborate with cross departmental stakeholders in order to enforce appropriate policies and procedures.
- Work in partnership with the FloQast IT team to design, instrument and maintain corporate IT security systems in order to ensure systems meet compliance requirements (Zero trust endpoint security, SSO, Email and DNS).
- Audit and administer 3rd party SaaS system configurations for security best practices, and lead remediation efforts where appropriate.
- Lead the analysis of intrusion prevention system (IPS) events, investigating and escalating issues when required.
- Maintain and augment existing endpoint and cloud security controls (anti-virus, IPS systems, BeyondCorp systems, AWS security controls).
- Lead vulnerability management efforts, ensuring issues are triaged, prioritized and remediated according to defined SLAs.
- Lead third party vendor and contractor security reviews.
- Assist maintaining existing compliance attestations and participate in risk assessment exercises.
- Support InfoSec awareness and training programs.
- Stay abreast of new and emerging security technologies and paradigms.
- Any other projects as assigned to help the Company meet its goals.
We’re looking for someone with...
- 4+ years of experience as a Security Engineer, DevOps or IT security professional.
- 3+ years using at least one high level programming language e.g. Node.js, Python, Go, Java etc.
- Demonstrated experience securing modern distributed enterprises across diverse IT environments.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross functional initiatives and communicate proposals and ideas concisely.
- Demonstrated experience balancing commercial objectives with security and compliance obligations.
- Foundational understanding of network and application fundamentals and best practices e.g. HTTP/S NS, VPN, Load Balancing, SAML, OAuth, OpenID etc.
- Experience with cloud environments AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- Experience with Linux, Windows, and Mac system internals and configuration management tools.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive.
Nice to have attributes…
- Experience securing multi-tenant enterprise SaaS products.
- Practical experience in a BeyondCorp model.
- Knowledge of common compliance frameworks e.g. SOC, SOX, PCI and ISO standards.
- Security Certifications e.g. CISSP, AWS Certified Solutions Architect, AWS Certified Speciality.
About FloQast www.floqast.com
FloQast is a fast-growing, Los Angeles-based, growth-stage company redefining how a critical business process (financial close) is performed. Our growth and success are fueled by a passion to define and dominate the close management software market. We are the first company of our kind to focus specifically on the mid-market. Our prospects have been hungry for a solution like FloQast and the response has made FloQast among the fastest growing FinTech companies with now more than 750 customers, including Lyft, Zoom, Twilio and the Golden State Warriors.
- What is engineering working on? Our FQ Engineering Blog showcases a number of our recent efforts straight from the engineers working on them. Check it out!
- We are fanatics about the success of our customers. Check us out on G2 Crowd
- We are equally fanatic about creating and maintaining a fabulous culture of support and success for all employees. Check us out on Glassdoor
- We are moving quickly and there is a huge upside opportunity in terms of career growth
- FloQast offers competitive compensation, stock options, full benefits, and a positive and supportive work environment
- Named among Best Places to Work by LA Business Journal in 2017, 2018 and 2019
- Ranked #10 on The SaaS 1000
FloQast, Inc is committed to operating fair and unbiased recruitment procedures allowing all applicants an equal opportunity for employment, free from discrimination on the basis of religion, race, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, color, ethnic or national origin, or any other classification as may be protected by applicable law. We aim to recruit the right people for the jobs we have to offer, and to assess applications on the basis of relevant skills, education, and experience. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to provide a professional and welcoming workplace for all employees.