Senior SDET at ChowNow
Within 1 month, you’ll...
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience).
- Complete Engineering Training, learning about our software development process, tools, technology stack, and architecture.
- Join our Test Automation Team, meet team members and take ownership of expanding our test automation framework.
Within 3 months, you’ll...
- Learn our business model and how test automation can support our key platforms, products, and features.
- Master development patterns and collaborative processes.
- Collaborate with the QA Engineers, Product Manager, and Test Automation Team to discover the breadth of automated testing desired to ensure quality.
- Develop new tests and refactor existing ones. We ship iteratively with an agile mindset.
- Write clear documentation for tests and test framework improvements.
Within 6 months, you’ll…
- Make a tangible impact to development cycle times by partnering with QA Engineers to tackle repetitive and time consuming manual tests.
- Understand major feature areas of our applications and be comfortable navigating the product.
- Collaborate with Test Automation Team to identify improvements to our Test Framework.
- Design and then implement an entire test suite for a large piece of a product or an entire product.
Within 12 months, you’ll...
- Make significant improvements to the test automation framework.
- Feel comfortable as a knowledge leader, contribute to knowledge sharing and continuing to learn.
- Expand test automation coverage outside of existing test suites, according to the test automation needs and team priorities.
- Be an essential part of growing our team by fully participating in the hiring interview process.
You Should Apply If:
- You possess an innate curiosity about software, discovering interesting edge cases and building tests around them.
- You have hands-on experience automating tests for APIs, web apps, and you’re interested in behavior driven development.
- You feel confident in setting up CI/CD pipelines for test automation, operating in Linux environments and developing tests in Python.
- You are well organized, thrilled to experience building test automation tools from the ground up.
- You are well versed in test automation patterns to address backend and frontend needs.
- You constantly work to get better at your craft.
- You find excitement in learning new business models and transferring such knowledge into beautiful test design.
- You like collaborating with multiple stakeholders within and outside the Engineering Team towards a common goal.
- You make decisions based on data and evidence.
- You enjoy an iterative, agile development process with frequent releases.
- You take great pleasure in writing reliable, highly readable tests.
- You thrive in environments that support your growth, and where you can support others.
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A “best place to work” winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- Mental Health Coverage - we offer several programs to support your mental health and wellness goals.
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 6 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap