Senior Scientist, QC at Apeel Sciences
About This Role
At Apeel Sciences, we look to nature to help the global food system improve quality, reduce waste, and ensure an abundant future for our planet. The Quality Control (QC) Team is responsible for QC approval of raw materials and Apeel’s products, supporting process development projects by developing and validating methods for required product specifications, and supporting environmental analyses for our field operations. We are seeking a motivated and detail-oriented Senior Scientist who will develop, advance, and help in leading Quality Assurance and Quality Control functions in our analytical chemistry work to support manufacturing of Apeel products. The successful candidate will have demonstrated proven success as a leader with regards to Quality Assurance and Quality Control responsibilities, technology transfer for chemical products, method validation, and the creation and completion of documentation for the analysis of samples at various stages in a manufacturing process. Method development will incorporate a variety of chromatographic and spectroscopic techniques. A focus on mass spectrometry is preferred. As the manufacturing process is scaled up, the candidate will be required to optimize workflows, manage data, and provide ongoing analytical support. As our work lies in the food industry, adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices and Good Documentation Practices is essential.
What You’ll Do
- Design, execute, and supervise simple and complex experiments and procedures in accordance with all applicable regulatory requirements
- Routinely develop procedures and methods for the solution of technical problems
- Perform advance troubleshooting of instrumentation and equipment
- Create protocols and/or execute method development, qualification, verification, transfer, and validation
- Prepare controlled documentation in support of the sampling, analysis, and reporting of results
- Able to work effectively on several projects concurrently
- Monitor and direct activities of other staff performing work
- Work collaboratively in a dynamic, team-based environment
What You Bring
- At least 5 years of full-time work experience in quality control, with several years in a GMP quality control lab environment preferred
- A PhD in Analytical Chemistry is preferred, but a candidate with relevant work experience in QA/QC will also be strongly considered
- Method development and validation experience is required
- Ability to work cross-functionally to support other areas of the organization such as R&D, Analytical Development, and Process Development (in addition to Manufacturing) to accelerate understanding and achievement of key objectives
- Experience in maintaining and troubleshooting HPLCs and mass spectrometers
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment, meet deadlines, and prioritize work across multiple, concurrent projects.
Apeel believes that the scale of our impact is determined by the teams that work with us. As such, we seek to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Please note that Apeel Sciences does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event of a recruiter or agency submitting a resume or candidate without a signed agreement being in place, we explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire such candidates without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Apeel Sciences.