Senior Robotics Engineer, Industrial Automation at Relativity Space
Team and Role Overview:
Relativity is looking for Industrial Automation Robotics Engineers with a strong Industrial Automation background to join our multifaceted Additive Development Group. You will work with our team Software and Robotics Engineers alongside Weld and Materials Engineers to develop and mature the core of our Additive manufacturing technology to autonomously 3D print rockets!
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives:
Our mission is to induce a paradigm shift in how rockets are built and flown. As a Robotics Engineer you be responsible for the design and implementation the core components of our robotic 3D printing capability.
You will be responsible for the development and integration of our robotic systems including automated safety systems, custom robotic end effectors, and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) strategies for our Stargate Class Printers.
You have a successful track record of architecting industrial automation systems with safety at the forefront. You have extensive knowledge of IPC/PLCs and broad experience with industrial robots.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies:
- BS in either Computer Science, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or relevant field
- Experience developing programs for industrial robots including Kuka, Fanuc, ABB, and Kawasaki
- Ability to develop I/O maps and communication interfaces across our industrial robotic system using EtherCAT
- Understanding of IPC programming and interactions with other system controllers
- Extensive knowledge of methods for calibrating external axis on industrial robots
- 3+ years of experience in developing software and controls for industrial robots
- 3+ years of experience writing hardware interfacing software in Python and C++
- Experience developing and integrating with safety critical features and software for industrial robots
- Demonstrated ability to successfully conceptualize, architect and integrate automated systems utilizing industrial robots with a generalized number of end effectors.
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- MS, or PhD in either Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering/Mechatronics, or relevant field
- Experience implementing IEC 61508 (SIL) or equivalent industrial safety standards
- Direct experience with industrial hardware products including Kuka and Beckoff
- Familiarity with various digital IO protocols (RS-232, SPI, I2C)
- 5+ years of experience in developing software and controls for industrial robots
- 5+ years of experience writing hardware interfacing software in Python and C++ involving EtherCAT and TCP/IP protocols
- Experience with using weld processes for additive manufacturing
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.