Senior Robotics Engineer, Embedded Systems at Relativity Space
Team and Role Overview:
Relativity is looking for Embedded Systems Robotics Engineers to join our multifaceted Additive Development Group by working with our team Software and Robotics Engineers alongside Weld and Materials Engineers to develop and mature the core of our Additive manufacturing technology to autonomously 3D print rockets!
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives:
Our mission is to induce a paradigm shift in how rockets are built and flown. As a Robotics Engineer will you be responsible for the design and implementation the core components of our robotic 3D printing capability.
You will be responsible for developing software-in-the-loop and hardware-in-the-loop test fixtures for unit testing and integration testing Relativity's software and hardware products before deployment to our production printers.
You will also be responsible for assessing computational efficiency of Relativity's software products, our data-pipeline architecture, and developing strategies to improve our Real-Time processing of Additive Manufacturing process data.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies:
- BS in either Computer, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or relevant field
- 3+ years of experience writing hardware interfacing software in Python, C/C++
- Hands-on experience with FGPA and RTOS systems
- Knowledge in implementing firmware for sampling ADCs, performing serial communications using various protocols (e.g. RS-232, SPI, I2C, etc.), driving multiplexed LEDs, driving LCD displays, keypad scanning, and motor control.
- Familiarity with EtherCAT and well as common bus protocols such as USB, MIPI CSI2, SPI, I2C, CAN, RS23, RS485, etc.
- Create functional tests for custom electronics and software
- Support software deployment
- Strong debugging skills through use of instrumentation such as oscilloscopes and protocol analyzers
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- MS, or PhD in either Computer, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or relevant field
- Experience in design and development in C for embedded microcontrollers.
- Direct experience with industrial hardware products including Kuka and Beckoff
- Direct experience with acontis or VxWorks
- 5+ years of experience in developing software and controls for industrial robots
- 5+ years of experience writing hardware interfacing software in Python and C++ involving EtherCAT and TCP/IP protocols
- Experience with using weld processes for additive manufacturing
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.