Aspiration is the first VC-backed neobank on a mission to be the leading consumer financial services brand and company focused on sustainability and the environment. At Aspiration, we created the category of sustainable, socially responsible retail consumer finance. We offer unique financial products to let people save, spend, and invest their money in ways that make them more financially secure and align with their personal values. Unlike other financial institutions, Aspiration is committed to building a relationship with our customers based on trust and aligning the customer’s success with our own. Aspiration has raised over $250M in funding to date, and is growing quickly.
Action: We take initiative. We are doers, not bystanders.
Boldness: We don’t tinker, we transform.
Customer-Centered: Our customers are at the core of our business. Delivering for them is our North Star.
Diligence & Dedication: We do what we say we’re going to do, when we say we’re going to do it.
Entrepreneurial: Act like an entrepreneur not an employee, generate results for the company and customers everyday.
Aspiration is looking for a Senior QA Engineer to join our team. Aspiration’s product is an essential part of our customer’s daily financial life. This role will take a huge part in the usability and stability of our products. Our Test Engineering team likes testers who break things before they break for our users. We like to regress and automate our testing to avoid re-introducing defects and combat repetitive work. We test at the data, API, web and mobile levels.
What You'll Do
- Perform manual frontend / backend testing across several web applications, along with mobile apps (Android, iOS)
- Prepare clear test plans for features and stories
- Identify issues in both new and existing workflows
- Identify root causes of problems found in workflows
- Address bugs and UX issues clearly in tickets
- Communicate all findings clearly to the team and stakeholders
- Document processes clearly in confluence
- Contribute to onboarding processes
- Work closely with Development, Business and Product Owners to ensure project success
What You'll Bring
- 5+ years of experience with Selenium and/or Python3
- 5+ years of experience with UI automation
- Experience testing RESTful APIs and Web Services
- Strong understanding of Postgres / SQL and Database knowledge
- Experience with Postman and/or curl
- Knowledge of Jira and Confluence
- Experience with Amazon AWS services (S3, Lambda, CloudWatch)
- Familiarity with banking processes e.g. ACH network, understanding of NACHA files
- Creative methods to identify complex issues
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Clear attention to detail and organization
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Skill in data collection and analysis
- A desire to improve on existing processes
What You'll Get
- Making an impact for a company with a mission of transforming the financial industry and the lives of millions
- Competitive salary and equity incentives
- Robust healthcare plans, 401K and unlimited vacation time
- Dog-friendly office in beautiful Marina del Rey with an in-office gym
- Diverse & inclusive culture
Read Full Job Description