Senior QA Engineer at sweetgreen
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
Who We Are
At sweetgreen a Senior QA Engineer plays a crucial role to ensure our platforms and products meet the highest bars of excellence. QA Engineers report to the QA manager and work hand in hand with engineers, product managers, delivery managers and business stakeholders.
Sweetgreen maintains a number of digital and technology-driven physical experiences to offer innovative ordering and fulfillment experiences for our guests. Validating our products is a combination of both manual and automated testing. Our QA team is passionate about solving difficult technical problems, and takes personal pride in the success of our products.
Success depends on balancing their schedules to ensure we ship great features, while also building and maintaining frameworks for ongoing automated testing.
Top Goal - As soon as feasible through comprehensive onboarding, actively develop JS-based automation test scripts for multiple applications including web, mobile (iOS, Android) and APIs. You will perform this in an agile, squad-based environment, with clear expectations for feature performance, dependencies, and shipping dates.
- End to End Mindset: A guest order flows through many systems before making it to our customers. In your first two weeks, you will develop a deep understanding of the order lifecycle by reviewing the existing system design and documentation, with an eye towards quality tripwires. By day 21, you will have contributed to those areas that need additional QA documentation, in both Confluence and elsewhere. As someone using the products day in and out as part of testing, you’ll gain insights into issues or quality impediments that affect our users and team members.
- Hit the Ground Running: Within 30 days, you will conduct code reviews of unit, integration, and end-to-end. These reviews will inform development and ongoing maintenance for test automation frameworks tailored to sweetgreen’s unique needs.
- Documentation: Within 45 days in seat, you’ll contribute to our established information architecture within Confluence and put a plan in place to realize 100% documentation of the QA responsibilities you own. We’re growing quickly, and optimizing to to ease future teammate onboarding, debugging, and knowledge sharing of complex services while mitigating the risk of tribal knowledge.
- Implement QA Best Practices: By day 60, you will be well-acquainted with your peers in engineering, product, and program. You will help to advise product teams on the methods by which you can best test and conduct quality assurance within an agile engineering environment, through both relationships and processes you work to enact.
- Carry the Torch: By day 90, your practices for test automation frameworks will be in the wild and well-received. In turn, you will help to mentor junior QA engineers and analysts, as well as contributing to onboarding new hires and ensuring the QA body of knowledge is accessible and well-understood.
- Raise The Bar: At sweetgreen we dedicate a portion of our attention to matters that may not be immediately customer facing and instead allow for us to work smarter, or faster, or simply reduce friction in the developer experience. You’ll own your squad’s specific backlog that is focused on operational excellence.
- Demonstrated track record of testing methodologies such as unit, integration, functional, manual, load and regression.
- Knowledge and experience with AGILE methodology.
- Experience leveraging performance testing and tools including pA11y, WAVE and WebPageTest
- Experience deploying website A/B testing or personalization
- Writing robust test cases and plans using TestRails (or a similar tool), actively testing mobile applications across both iOS and Android, and experience testing single page applications (SPAs) will win the day
- A strong desire to experiment with bleeding edge technology and understand relating market trends.
- Strong problem solving, communication, and creative skills.
- Strong time management.
- Three different medical plans to suit your and your family's needs
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible PTO plan
- 401k; company match of 50% up to 3% of employee contribution
- 5 months paid family leave; we believe in fully supporting new parents
- Employee HSA and FSA
- Complimentary greens
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
At sweetgreen we are focused on building a great experience for our customers and we look to constantly enhance that through empowerment of our teams to build innovative solutions. We believe that it’s a mix of individual skill and collaboration that leads to successful outcomes. There is no standard definition of what an Engineer is or does, and depending on where you’re coming from things might look a little different.
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen restaurant, our 4,000+ team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means. Our people are our most valuable ingredient - the heart of our company, the face of our brand, and what truly makes the sweetgreen experience special and unique.
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.