Seniority Level: Mid-Senior
Location: Long Beach, CA
About the role and about You:
This is an exciting new role within our organization to focus on hardware and software integration with our dedicated team. You will have the opportunity to lead by building out and strengthening our testing process with wireless connectivity and firmware testing. The work done in this role will be integral to our business objectives in delivering a fun and fully connected experience for all Zwifters. While we are offering all employees remote work during the pandemic, this role will require you to be local near our Long Beach HQ, as you will need direct access to our equipment at the QA Lab with a beautiful view over the Long Beach marina and downtown. We take your health and safety seriously and are following all guidelines and steps to ensure a safe workplace.
What you will do:
- You will work closely with the development teams, early in the product. Work within and outside of our team to develop and execute a rock-solid test plan.
- Identify fundamental metrics to track the project and the team’s success
- Collaborate with development and QA teams working on this project to ensure requirements are understood, achievable, and tested.
- Investigate and debug difficult problems, and help drive them to closure
- Be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process
- This position includes documentation of tests and developing/executing project plans, specifying instrumentation and diagnostics for verifying product features, specifying/ implementing process control and data collection
What we are looking for
- College Degree in Electrical Engineering or 5+ years of equivalent experience
- Excellent understanding of software / firmware development and how they interact
- Experience testing wireless systems among a variety of products (Wireless headphones w/ Smart Devices, Wireless controllers, etc.)
- Experience testing with BLE and any other type of wireless/nfc communication technology
- Experience working with Bluetooth peripherals (HID-compliant controllers, etc.)
- Understanding how to collect, analyze and present data to senior management
- Design, plan, and execute product testing - including functional testing, system integration testing, regression testing, and performance testing
- Estimate, plan, and coordinate testing activities
- Design, write, and execute effective manual and automated test cases and create test data as needed
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including executive presentation
- Dynamic and “can do” attitude lead product manager with the desire to work with a great team and product
- Experience with JIRA & Zephyr
Bonus Skills / Knowledge / Experience
- Experience with performance and accessibility testing
- Experience in Quality Control
- Experience in Fitness Tech
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
Of course, we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected].
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.